good quacking guitar thats not a strat?

cameron

G&L ASAT Z-3 can quack . . .

They used to make a three-pickup guitar with the big MFD pickups, too. They can be found used. They quack like a pleistocene mega-duck.

wilerty

Johnny Hiland does alright with one of these ...
img_05102.jpg
PRS Johnny Hiland

Cymbaline

My Ibanez 7-string RG-7620 with 2 humbuckers has special coil-split switching, and it quacks better than my Strat.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member

i love that one clip i've seen from about the same time period, where steve cropper and the boys are playing in front of a wall of marshall half-stacks! the band sounded just like they were supposed to, but the backline looked like it came from a ******* black sabbath concert!

as to the o.p.'s question, any guitar with a single-coil in the middle of a 3-pickup arrangement will get some degree of "quack". the closer the guitar and the pickups are to a fender strat, the closer the quack will be to the "right" sound.

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
G&L ASAT Z-3 can quack . . .

They used to make a three-pickup guitar with the big MFD pickups, too. They can be found used. They quack like a pleistocene mega-duck.

Plus one on the ASAT Z3...quack, cluck, what ever feathered animal sounds you want...the best 'strat' I ever played:AOK

z3.jpg

tonedaddy

Plus one on the ASAT Z3...quack, cluck, what ever feathered animal sounds you want...the best 'strat' I ever played:AOK

z3.jpg

Can I just say that in my opinion, this guitar is one of the most obscenely gaudy,
disgustingly flashy, over the top, "Hey, look at me!" guitars ever made????

And for some strange reason,
I absolutely love it.
:dude :D

Trending Topics

Top Bottom