• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Good Smaller Acoustics?

Samuroot1987

For the past while i havent had my strat to play on (No, I wont tell you why.) and ahve just been wanting to play. This got me thinking. "Should i get a small Acoustic?" Small beacause a regular sized one would make me look like a chimp trying to play a fender.

bkatx

I've always liked smaller body acoustics like OO, OOO and OM size. I find Dreadnoughts too big and uncomfortable.

If those are still too big then checkout the baby / mini models

K-Line

Vendor
Lower end, Recording King, blueridge. I have a BR-243 OM style for the kids to bang around on and find myself loving it. It has a very fendery neck size.

Guild M-120. All solid mahogany, bigger than an O, smaller than a OO and with a TKL hard case included in the price. Can't go wrong.

dazco

Recording king RO-10. Lowest line RK thats 100% solid. CNC'd bone nut and saddle. I've had many of the often cited amazing low end acoutics and a number of higher end too like larrivee, martin, gibson. The RO-10 to me sounds better than any i've had so far and cost me $350 with a soft case OTD. Made to goldern era martin specs. Construction is not on par with say a larrivee, but it also cost a fraction. My larrive listed for $3000. I prefer the RK. You simply will not find a better sounding guitar for the money. I will say one bad thing. On small light 000 style acoustics like mine the tuners can be a tone killer if they are full size cast like mine came with. I put a $30 set of grover open face tuners on it and the tone and dynamics improved a good bit. Note that most vintage 000 styles have light open face. And finally, the big thing that separates the RK from seagulls and guild GAD's and all those is the dynamics/feel. It's what separated a good acoustic from a great one. My larivee's dynamics weren't near as good. Blue ridge is also a great low cost one, thos they are more expensive than RK and from the ones i played and from what i've read the RK's have the edge tonally. BR are made better tho.

s2y

Something like Taylor's GS shape is about as small as I'd want to go. I'm not much of a parlor guy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom