Good Speaker Cab parts website

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by kfowler11, Feb 17, 2006.

1. kfowler11

kfowler11 Guest

I just got done making a small 12" speaker enclosure that I will use to test some amp building projects. I'm having a hard time finding a good place to get parts. Specifically speaker jacks. Guitar Center had none. I did find a cheap one at Radio Shack. Any on-line suggestions??

2. Dave C

Dave C Gold Supporting Member

Antique Electronics Supply, Lord Valve at NBS Electronics, Mouser, Mojotone .......etc
    Dave C

3. RL in Fla

RL in Fla Member

+1 on Mouser for Switchcrafts . Order the " L-11" 's with the long bushing (3/8") just in case you need to use 'em on 1/4" plexi as opposed to thin metal . This link is the non-shorting (2 conductor) flavor . The L-12A is the shorting job w/long bushing .

4. kfowler11

kfowler11 Guest

5. Bloozcat

Bloozcat Member

6. Shea

Shea Member

Ampwares lists a decent selection of parts, but it's notorious for slooooooooowwwwwwww service.

www.vibroworld.com is pretty good.

Shea

7. jbltwin1

jbltwin1 Member

A couple more good places to deal with-Digi Key has a great assortment, as does Triode Electronics. For small quantity orders, try Small Bear Electronics. Nice guy and pretty fast. Don't know if he has corners and stuff but jacks and plugs, yes, as well as small voltage caps and stuff for pedal mods if you're into that stuff(everything I play through has been modded!)>

8. RL in Fla

RL in Fla Member