Good times...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Big B, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Big B

Big B Member

I had a GREAT night last night! Put the kids to bed at 9, picked up my LP for the first time in a month, took my new DD7 and a little MicroCube out into the garage and ended up playing around with the looper function until 1 in the morning. I can't believe how much fun you can have layering loops with that thing. I know it's a simple looper and there are much better tools when you get serious about it, but what a fun gadget. What's funny was I planned on being in bed by 10 (it's been a tough month at work) and getting some rest...when I finally looked up it was 1 am. It's fun to get caught up in it every once in a while...

2. Phoebe

Phoebe Senior Member

3. Lance

Lance Member

Nice. Glad to hear you got some time to enjoy all the crap you buy. Yeah, this month has been a killer at work for me too. My short related story is that when I was 12 or so, and had first seen Jimi play the SSB @ Woodstock I KNEW I had to play guitar. That was 27 years ago. Now, I don't really play or sound all that much like Jimi because I could never afford the gear that would deliver that sound. In the past few months I've put together some stuff that gets me in the ball park, but I just hadn't had the time to reconfigure the pedal board, velcro up the new arrivals, and such. Just last week I got it all up and running. I started playing Machine Gun around 7:30 pm, and was just marveling at the sounds that I had gone 27 years without experiencing. Yeah, around midnight I looked up, and thought I had better get to bed. But OMG, to wield that strat into getting that sound with the RMC3 cocked all the way forward feeding that vibe sweep, and going into feedback was just, was just sheer, elated, freaking, JOY!! Congrats Big B, and thanks for sharing.

4. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

sometimes it's the strangest things that inspire you. i had a Boss SD-2 pedal tossed in a trade for a Tele I got, all last night I drove everyone crazy with power chords (well, the new Tele had a part in it too). Any time I can get that jazzed over a stompbox, it deserves a place on the board - seriously, I was this close to selling it off without even trying it, it's a Boss after all! But the lead channel on it...OH YEAH.

5. Analog Delay

Analog Delay I Judge Books By Covers Silver Supporting Member

6. Big B

Big B Member

Thanks for the comments everyone. Keep the "inspired" stories coming...they're great!

7. gixxerrock

gixxerrock Member

When I was about 15 (playing for 2 years) I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn in a very small venue (Texas Flood tour). He opened with Scuttle Buttin, and kept that intensity up all night. Compared to what I had been exposed to at that point, it was a real eye-opener to say the least. When I got home around midnight, I picked up my guitar and played all night. I felt like that concert changed me.

8. Blues Rocker

Blues Rocker Member

Some of my greatest inspiration and creativity happen on the back side of the clock.

9. jmecale72

jmecale72 Member

Boy...it's been co long since I've been able to just sit down and play and get so lost in it that you lose track of time. My life can get so hectic that there are times when I don't even pick up my guitar for weeks at a time...only at rehearsal. But at rehearsal I'm also playing more keys and not the guitar so much.

So congrats on being able to do that!

One day....one day....