Good Vox AC-30 voiced amp???

ROKY

Originally posted by Teleplayer
You may want to try a TopHat 2x12 deep cabinet Club Royale, or a TopHat King Royale. Have owned both - great amps. In fact, I have owned nine TopHats since 1998.

When you're done testing those, you may want to try a TopHat.:D
Any other suggestions ?:D

RichSZ

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by Mastervolume
Divided by 13 RSA 31

It doesn't get any better than that.

It is like a great AC30 with a mid control. When the mid is all the way up it is classic ac30. You can back it off to taste.

I heard Brian Wooten play though one of these on monday at Freds and it was just silly. You should have seen the smile on his face.
I can tell you first hand about this amp in about 2 more months....

gregc

Silver Supporting Member
Don't forget the Matchless offerings. The C-30 would get you there... and more, with the right speaker cab.
gregc

Unburst

Believe it or not the Korg AC30 TBX is as good a Vox amp as any.
There may be amps that sound "better" but none that sound more "Vox"

procos

Gold Supporting Member
I own a '62 JMI Vox that is the best of the best. Ask anyone from the Michigan Tonefest. There might not be a better Vox anywhere. I also own a London 65 and the EF86 channel is very close to my Vox. The volume is not as loud and the tone is not as crisp but it is as close as I have come to a true Vox tone. YMMV but I have been through more amps than I care to mention and the London is the best sounding Vox amp I have played. Remember that is on the EF86 channel. The tremolo channel is all Marshall. You would need to play the London through a pair of blues to get the true Vox tones out of it. When you change speakers it changes the tone. Good luck.

Chuck

AshlandBump

I recently sold my AC30HW -- a great amp, but not quite what I was looking for in Vox tone. I wanted something closer to the crisp jangle that I got from my TBX. I recently tried a Hayseed 30 and it was the Vox tone I was looking for. Mine is on order, hard to beat for the price.

Trending Topics