Good wireless headphone for use in Mic placement?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by zekmoe, Aug 26, 2008.

1. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

The mic placement thread got me thinking. I often record myself without the benefit of being able to move a mic and play and hear the effect. Home studio, but 2 separate, non connected rooms. Does anyone know of a wireless headphone that would allow me to get into the recording room, move the mic around and maybe get enough level and isolation to hear the change? Not ear splitting, but decent enough sound.

2. GP_Hawk

GP_Hawk Member

I don't know of any decent wireless pair of headphones that can give you the isolation you would need when making mic placement decisions. A good extension or 2 is your best bet without getting into too much money. I like the idea of using In-ear Isolation Ear Buds, and hearing protectors that go over the earbuds for extra isolation. It works great in those situations. Also a good setup for drummers.

3. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Yea, I didn't really find much on the web, and the ones I did were line of site which wouldn't really work for me. I was hoping to eliminate the wires and simply run back and forth.
    Thanks.