• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Goodbye Thorn Guitars - hello Fender Custom Shop.

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
2.5 years later - time sure hauls!
Still rocking and rolling building Strats and Teles and have recently been promoted to Director of Master Builder Operations.
Life sure can be interesting.
One thing for sure, TGP is still the best place on the webz - cheers, all!!
Wow, time does fly! Got a chance to chat with you at NAMM in 2019, so guess you had been at Fender for a year by that point. Congrats on the promotion! :)

Crazyquilt

Guitar Dad
Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations. I saw that Mágico Tele for the first time last night, and I thought to myself, "That looks like a Thorn." Read the fine print and found out the reason. Very sweet design, and looking forwards to seeing more from you.

Ron Thorn

Platinum Supporting Member
Congratulations. I saw that Mágico Tele for the first time last night, and I thought to myself, "That looks like a Thorn." Read the fine print and found out the reason. Very sweet design, and looking forwards to seeing more from you.
Thank you!
The USA Production line nailed it too. Everything about it is “boutique”: custom pickups, bezels, control plate, guard - all exclusive to this model. Plus Electrosocket, pearloid binding everywhere, block inlays, those tuners, compensated saddles...the list goes on and on....$2300
That’s very competitive compared to “boutique” builds with half the details. I hope it’s a huge hit once they start hitting the streets in a couple months.
Thanks!

Jaya

Silver Supporting Member
Still rocking and rolling building Strats and Teles and have recently been promoted to Director of Master Builder Operations.
Time flies!
Congratulations Ron, very happy for you!
Glad to see Fender recognizes your great contribution. You infused brand with “new life” IMO.

hippietim

Silver Supporting Member
That's fantastic news. Congratulations!

Jazzmaster60

Congratulations Ron
How does being director of Master Builder Operations change your day to day ?

chichi

Congrats Ron!

I know you love "Peace of Mind" but don't take the lyrics seriously: Next step of the corporate ladder - they will need to create one of those C?O titles for you, like CBO (chief building officer), CCO (chief crafting officer), etc.

(I thought about CLO - chief luthiering officer, but not good, will be confused with chief legal officer).

Trending Topics