Goodrich Volume Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by leviathan, Oct 23, 2008.

1. leviathan

leviathan Member

So my Goodrich volume pedal pot has developed a scratch in it. Is there anyway to get rid of this, i mean i have hardly ever used this thing.

2. High Voltage

High Voltage Member

3. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

This has happened with mine also.

Seems like I read on the Goodrich site that this can happen when the pedal stays in the same position unused for long periods of time. They said it should disappear after working the pedal for a bit.

I have mine on a pedalboard that doesn't see as much use and I can't seem to work the scratchiness out of it as I once could. I've considered getting a replacement pot for it but after reading this, I've considered just replacing the pedal with a Roland or something.

Please report back if you find any further info.

4. blackblack

blackblack Member

Hit it with a bit of tuner cleaner. Deoxit seems the popular brand these days with pro techs; I think their D5 and G5 cleaners are the appropriate products (but read the fine print or inquire to make sure).

Actually no one calls this stuff "tuner cleaner" anymore (an old TV repair term). You need a cleaner that contains a lubricant for use with potentiometers. Plain contact cleaner will remove the preexisting lube on the resistive element and it will quickly wear out.

Should solve the problem.

5. puddinstone

puddinstone Supporting Member

It might not be that easy to clean... I believe they use sealed pots. My has also developed a bit of scratchiness...I use mine a lot.

6. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

7. puddinstone

puddinstone Supporting Member

I used one of those on another Goodrich I had...wasn't too hard of a job.