Goodrich worth extra money over Ernie Ball?

High Voltage

Well first off I know there have been a ton a threads on volume pedals and Ive read through many. Im trying to make up my mind and wanted to see some peoples opinions.

The EB JR. is 80 on Music Toyz.
The Goodrich is 125.

Is it really worth the 45 bucks difference?

rawkguitarist

Man, that's a no brainer for me now. Musictoyz has also knocked off about $30 from the price everyone else is charging (that I found anyway). Also, I didn't realize that it had two amp outputs... that was my only issue with it. Now, I'll be getting one.

How is dealing with Musictoyz these days? I've only dealt with them once and it was not horrible, but not the best CS I've ever received.

theanalogdream

Silver Supporting Member
Definitely!!!
I agree with not ordering from musictoyz...it literally took them 3 months to get my order of a hotcake and a goodrich volume pedal to me and they were bad at responding to emails and phone calls!
The goodrich is a grreeeaattt Volume pedal, I use it so much it's not even funny.

starfish

Which model Goodrich are we discussing? I have found that the active model does in fact change your tone in the same way as a buffer. Not a cheap buffer, but an audible difference from bypassed tone.

geetarman

If you care about your tone it's worth it. Also don't overlook the Hilton volume pedals as they're very nice too.

High Voltage

Alright so I check into the stuff you mentioned.

The Hilton looks very nice but at $270 I cant justify it.
Bradshaw charges $165 for the Goodrich so I think Ill just go with Music Toyz and with the extra cash I can order 1-2 pots from Bradshaw.

rawkguitarist

I just ordered a L120 from musictoyz.com. They say it's in stock, so hopefully I get it pretty soon.

Really looking forward to using it. A volume pedal has become a more integral part of my rig, especially for the college basketball pep band I play with (the season just started) and the Boss FV50 I've been using just isn't cutting. The volume taper is bunched up at the very end of the pedal... no good.

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
I have had two L120's. Both had pots go bad in them within the first month. I am much happier with the Boss FV-500h. Overall great volume pedal with tuner out that doubles as an expression pedal. Plus it is cheaper.

+1 on not messing with Music Toyz. I learned my lesson.....never again.

Steven

yes yes yes --- eb sucks

Hmmm... I using a EB 250k mono volume pedal. In fact I have it in a T/B-loop and I cant hear any difference in sound if I have the pedal on max when turning the loop on and of so it doesnt suck tone IMO. It also has a switch for two different tapers on the sweep witch is good. I´ve had it for 7 years now without any trouble so its been very reliable. In what way does it suck?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom