Goodsell 5W amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Doodad, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Doodad

Doodad Member

I spoke with Richard for awhile today to talk about the 5W and another future model. He is taking orders now on the amp. He told me that it will be a run of 10-12, EL84 powered, 12 inch speaker, and beige tole w/wheat grill. Price point at $500. I will let him chime in on the rectifier and preamp specs etc. I am looking at a deposit on Friday and he thought that production would start in 3-4 weeks. The only way to travel light.

Booooo crappy SS Fender 15w amp. Hooray tubes!;)

PS Richard..my email is doodad@mindspring.com if you could send some pics of the prototype.

2. MoRawk

MoRawk Member

Geez, you've got me interested now. Bad Doohickey.

3. Doodad

Doodad Member

Yeah the wife was not too pleased either, but I have a bday coming up. :AOK

4. GreenTea

GreenTea Member

Hey... don't we ALL have birthdays coming up!!!!:BEER

A great sounding 5 watter might be sweet. I'll keep watching the site for an announcement. Pics?

5. Dennis Rayburn

Dennis Rayburn Supporting Member

I e-mailed Richard a couple of days ago saying I want to be on the list to get one, but I haven't heard back yet. Guess I'll give him a call.

6. Doodad

Doodad Member

I would he remembered you. 50% gets you on the list.:D

7. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

Sweet -- I'll have to check it out when they get one in at Atlanta Discount Music. The other Goodsell (17 watter) I played down there was awesome!

Chris

8. Dennis Rayburn

Dennis Rayburn Supporting Member

Cool. I'm on the 5 watt list. Can't wait to get it. I just may have to buy a 33 watt head next...

9. Doodad

Doodad Member

I am in tomorrow. Wife approved; but at what a cost!

10. dbx

dbx Member

Hey Doodaddy thanks for the lead on these...I spoke with Richard today...he had PC problems recently so those who were in touch via email may be experiencing some delays in response from him...

This 5 watter is going to have some interesting parts, and if what I read on his earlier posts come to realization on this it should be a nice sounding little amp: Eminence Private Jack, Mercury Magnetics OT, Hammond PT, tube rectified.

A very nice guy on the phone, very busy but gave me some time to explain about the amp...

:dude

11. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

Dropped him an email as well and I hope to hear from him! Bought a Super 17 a few months back and simply LOVE the amp! I've actually had some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I may have just found the ticket!

Thanks for the heads-up Doodaddy!!!!

12. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

I'm in! Think I've got #6 coming my way. WHOO-HOOO!! (Man I just love my Goodsell amp....can't wait for #2!!!!!)

13. dbx

dbx Member

Good for you...these will be a very limited run based on the availability of the Hammond transformers Richard has on hand for this build, I'm sure he's had alot of inquiries from this board...

:AOK

14. Doodad

Doodad Member

Cool in at #7.;)

15. Lil'Strat

Lil'Strat Member

If somebody wants to e-mail me this evening I can send an advance spy pic of the Goodsell 5 (yes, that's the name) chassis/control panel... I don't know how to put it up here directly... I only know how to do tubes.
    goodsell@hammondb3.net

16. dbx

dbx Member

I spoke with Richard again today, he has a new PC so should be communicating out shortly...if you haven't pulled the trigger yet and are sittin' on the fence, better jump on this bad boy soon...there may be a few spots left...if this model becomes a regular part of the production line we won't see it at this price point...(I'm not affiliated with Richard or his company, just think it's cool he gave TGP an opportunity to get in on these...)

:drool

17. Doodad

Doodad Member

A new PC? Richard, I can always help with those type concerns. I should have talked to you about that as well today. We could have fixed your issues. Always ready to help.:BEER

Bart

18. Lil'Strat

Lil'Strat Member

Bart -
    I tried to send you the pic, but you have some top-secret anti-spam gauntlet to penetrate - if you grant my e-mail addmission, there should be an attachment.... computer stuff is hard for a sub-analog guy like me; if it were up to me we'd still be using rotary-dial phones with busy signals when you're already talking...

19. stephenT

stephenT Silver Supporting Member

What's the fix for a drop kick?

I found a 5 watter spy photo here:

http://www.superseventeen.com/rumors.html

20. Lil'Strat

Lil'Strat Member

Bart -
    Your wife wrote me back and evidently she thinks I'm some sort of spam... please tell her that there is no error or virus and to let it through... this PC is only about 6 hours old, and I buy a new one every time they get infected; this one's still a virgin...

I hate computers and everything that has anything to do with them.

Richard