Goodsell Amplifiers

kidmandude

Platinum Supporting Member
Goodsell Deluxe 22!!

Well after working with this amp for the past 3 years I can only say its been and still is so amazing and very dependable with the ability to switch between 6v6's and 6L6s for more volume and headroom, the tone is incredible I cant say anything negative. You don't see many for sale so buy with confidence if you ever stumble across one, takes single coils, p90's and humbuckers very well and takes pedals nicely too, no worries. A true work horse for me.

Last edited:

Cgkindler

That's a lot of speaker area for 22 watts. I bet it's great, having all that air moving and not having to dime 100 watts to get some growl!

kidmandude

Been thinking of trying one Celestion Blue in place of one of the Celestion 75 watt that are in here?

Torren61

Is the model a *(Praise)*? I never heard of it before. Yeah, I just went to their website. It doesn't show up. A *(Praise)* amp kinda NEEDS Celestions in it.

kidmandude

Is the model a *(Praise)*? I never heard of it before. Yeah, I just went to their website. It doesn't show up. A *(Praise)* amp kinda NEEDS Celestions in it.
Its a Deluxe 22 model 2x12 it comes stock with 2-celestion 75's was thinking of swapping one out for a blue.

Last edited:

kidmandude

TTT,

Lets kick start this back up...

Nice 15 watt Goodsell just sold in our emporium! Nice score for buyer!

kidmandude

I'd like to find the manual of a Goodsell Deluxe 22 want to know the original preamp tube layout.

carrier street

Silver Supporting Member
I got a Goodsell 2x12 in a trade. I had never even heard of the brand before. I'd have to look to even tell you what speakers are in it, but the build quality is top notch. I absolutely love it and I have absolutely no idea what it is actually worth. :D

bbsomm

Love love love my super 17. May buy more amps...but that one is never leaving the arsenal

Luke Gibson

Gold Supporting Member
I got a Goodsell 2x12 in a trade. I had never even heard of the brand before. I'd have to look to even tell you what speakers are in it, but the build quality is top notch. I absolutely love it and I have absolutely no idea what it is actually worth. :D
In 2007 Richard made me a custom order Super17 W/Reverb using the old Hammond parts in a 2X12 large Bluesbreaker style cab, I stupidly sold it. I’ve been looking for it to buy it back.

Last edited:

SlideGuy123

Super 17 mk3 owner for 10 years. Love the amp - it has a 3D sound that just sounds bigger than it should, at any volume. Plus awesome trem and verb (which have been updated to newer specs by Richard). The best part is Richard, who is a great guy to talk to, but more important, loves his amps and takes care of his customers.

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way
Gold Supporting Member
A few months ago, I bought a used Goodsell Retriever (Richard's update of a 5e3) off of Reverb. I had bought one previously, direct from Richard but had to sell it when a museum quality 64 DR was offered to me.

The new (to me) amp had some issues. Mainly, crackly noises, especially on certain notes. Tried replacing tubes, as that is the extent of my amp tech-ness, to no avail. So I reached out to Richard by phone. He asked me to send him some gut shots via email and I haven't heard from him since. No idea what happened, but I had a local guy fix it. He discovered that a previous owner had made some rather **** mods to the circuit, at least, he thinks they were mods as he couldn't imagine Richard would do such shoddy work.
All of that to say, Richard makes great stuff and I hope he's doing OK!

Trending Topics