Google Calendar for band Question

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by SlowJoeCrow, May 5, 2016.

1. SlowJoeCrow

SlowJoeCrow Silver Supporting Member

You know the deal, everyone puts their blackout dates on a shared Google Calendar...we need this for a band I'm in now that we are gigging more frequently. Problem is, I can't seem to set it up in the band's name--it's attached to me and I don't want that. It shows up as "John's Calendar." What am I missing? How can I setup a Google Calendar in the band's name?

Thanks.

2. tiktok

tiktok Supporting Member

It'll be attached to the account of whoever created it. You can rename your calendar to whatever you want in "Calendar Settings", and you can let whoever you want have access to add/edit/delete dates.

JiveTurkey and ripple like this.
  3. ripple

ripple To keep fresh, keep capped & cold. Silver Supporting Member

Along with email, the google calendar is the greatest invention for improving band communication EVER!

CRBMoA likes this.
  4. dirk_benedict

dirk_benedict Supporting Member

The one drawback of google Calendar - it require all band members to actively use it and keep it updated. Fatal flaw!

boo radley, JiveTurkey and B Money like this.
  5. B Money

B Money Member

+1. At the request of one of the band members, I setup a Google Calendar for the band.

Out of 5 members, I'm the only person that updates it or seem to use it at all. Everyone else just asks each other at band practice when the next gig is. No one seems to know.
    I've vowed not to become "that guy" in the this band so I just shut up and mind my own business.

6. CRBMoA

CRBMoA Member

The band I'm in has members in 5 cities spread out over 200+ miles. And we all play in multiple projects.

I cannot imagine life without it!

7. tiktok

tiktok Supporting Member

Only recently did I finally end up in a band where everyone actually uses the calendar. The band leader is, I kid you not, a Project Manager at Microsoft.

8. dirk_benedict

dirk_benedict Supporting Member

In my current band the leader is a Project Manager. It drives him nuts how little buy in there has been on the calendar usage.

9. SlowJoeCrow

Found it! Thank you!

10. SlowJoeCrow

Oh yeah, I see this happening for sure. Gotta make a go at it though.

11. Banditt

Banditt Supporting Member

Another good use of "Calender" is in setting up rehearsals. You add the event..name it, set a begginning and end time, location, you name everyone who is to be there, and they need to confirm that they are attending...and they will receive reminders. In the "comments" section of each event you can list specific things/tunes that they must be prepaired for....nobody can say they didn't know, as they "confirm" the Event. You can also attach any docs, Song listings with Youtube links and/or soundless. You can set it so specific people can edit, add, or just view...which can come in handy.