Gorodnitski Les Paul vs Gibson VOS

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by born_hard, Jul 9, 2008.

1. born_hard

born_hard Member

Hi,

is this a good buy for 1799$? What do you think based on the pictures and facts?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180262599236

Im into buying a good quality Les Paul and considered the Gibson VOS Historic Line, The Slash Les Paul Standard but im open to any good ideas besides the Gibson Line. Im open for recommandations. Greets:drool

2. MarkAdam

MarkAdam Member

As it has been said many times, many ways...it's only a good deal ONLY if you like it...[​IMG]

After all, a Gibson is a Gibson and a Gorodnitski is...what ever you want it to be...you should be sure about it because the resale interest will be
    much smaller than for any Gibson that I can think of...
    :banana

3. ruach1

ruach1 Member

That's a very low price for a Gorodnitski. That's a totally hand made guitar - and normally made by one man, with hand-wound pickups. George is a luthier working out of Santa Monica CA. Check him out at http://www.master-guitars.com/. My main axe is a semi-hollow Cremona, with custom hybrid electronics, custom pickup wiring, custom neck size and shape, etc. George built it for me in 1997. These go for around $5000 - $6000. I would think the Les Paul copy would have been way over $1500 new.

Jay

4. Luthier107

Luthier107 Member

Gibson is factory-not-so-well-made-anymore overpriced guitar, and luthiers guitars are 100% handmade masterpieces, boutique guitars.
    Maybe you don't know, that some luthiers charge around $25,000 for a guitar, and they're booked for years ahead. Visit Jeffrey Elliott or Kevin Ryan guitars pages, you'll see. Same with electric guitars. As far as I know, Max's copies of Les Paul cost much more than originals.
    Luthiers pay attention to every detail, can factory do it?
    Vise up.

5. Grenville

Grenville Member

As they say in the classics:

[​IMG]

6. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

Looks great , not familiar with him but if its what the above say and you not looking to turn it over soon, For a great guitar , looks fair as long as it what it says it is. I would if I did not have to put gas in my car , lol