• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Got a Blues Pro today...and tried a bunch of pedals

Pott

And I could not be happier! I tried the MXR boost/OD, the TRex Mudhoney and a Box of Rock

The BOR was perhaps the BEST overdrive I've ever played. Just AMAZING. But at 120 pounds for the vexter version (240 bucks) it was a bit too much for me. Beautiful sound though, very clear sounding, cleans up well enough and overall an amazing pedal I WILL own someday.

The MXR wasn't great. That's all I'm going to say. Not bad, just... nothing too special I felt.

The Mudhoney was just like a big muff on 10 on top of a drive channel basically. Muddy, big, fat, thick sounding. Borderline between fuzz/distortion. I liked it but it's very redundant if you have a big muff + OD pedal. Sounded good otherwise.

The Blues Pro was the cheapest of the bunch and wit the BOR, the best up there. The BOR has less gain, is less thick sounding I felt, so they'd fill a different board space. The BP is absolutely brilliant. Now I'm usually NOT a tubescreamer fan. Shrill, nasal OD, only decent when used as a boost but I prefer something with a more balanced EQ. The BP is very musical, harmonic, just very nice sounding. I can actually use it as a standalone OD. With SD1s I have to mod them before. The BP is just very 'plug and play' style and easy to dial. I have tone set to 1 oclock, gain at 2:30 oclock, and level's at unity.

To me it's the perfect unmodded, not too expensive OD. It's the same price here as a boss BD2. Though admitedly I don't have that much experience with the BD2. But the Blues Pro just sounds amazing on its own either way.

Burgs

....The BP is absolutely brilliant. Now I'm usually NOT a tubescreamer fan. Shrill, nasal OD, only decent when used as a boost but I prefer something with a more balanced EQ. The BP is very musical, harmonic, just very nice sounding. I can actually use it as a standalone OD. With SD1s I have to mod them before. The BP is just very 'plug and play' style and easy to dial. I have tone set to 1 oclock, gain at 2:30 oclock, and level's at unity.

To me it's the perfect unmodded, not too expensive OD. It's the same price here as a boss BD2. Though admitedly I don't have that much experience with the BD2. But the Blues Pro just sounds amazing on its own either way.
Hear, hear! I couldn't agree more.

Does yours have the little fuzz toggle on the front face? I had that but it got damaged in transit on the way to a gig in Sydney rendering the box unusable. I called Michael Ibrahim and asked him if there was a quick fix that a luddite like moi could do to remedy the situation. There was. He modded one to be without the toggle, caught a bus to the gig and personally delivered it. Swapped it for the broken one without blinking. This on the same day that his warehouse was burgled. Now that my friends, is service.

The Blues Pro remains on my board as a staple, together with a Liquid Sunshine, amidst an ever changing plethora of other stomps. These two are always there.

Pott

Never tried a Liquid Sunshine but I may have to... I badly want a stupid box 2.0 :D

Yep it has that 'fuzz' toggle. I leave it on the left side though. When switched on (well I think) it gets a bit too bright and gainy for me.

SunnyRollins

+100000 on that one!!!!!! The Blues Pro is a gem! I love it

EDIT: I forgot to say that I LOVE the fuzz feature (not very different from the OD anyway). Very warm and tasty. Great solo pedal.

Clint torrez

The Blues Pro was the cheapest of the bunch and wit the BOR, the best up there. The BOR has less gain, is less thick sounding I felt, so they'd fill a different board space. The BP is absolutely brilliant. Now I'm usually NOT a tubescreamer fan. Shrill, nasal OD, only decent when used as a boost but I prefer something with a more balanced EQ. The BP is very musical, harmonic, just very nice sounding. I can actually use it as a standalone OD. With SD1s I have to mod them before. The BP is just very 'plug and play' style and easy to dial. I have tone set to 1 oclock, gain at 2:30 oclock, and level's at unity.
Yeah, I couldn't do without my Blues Pro over here. My settings for the pedal are identical to yours, I also use a MIJ SD1 which plays well with the BP as a lead boost.

jezzzz2003

Hey thanks man,

Your post made me go back and try a BP, and holy mother of god does it kill!

Ive been running a crunch box through my plexi and 100w 4x12 cab for a couple of years and didnt think I could better that tone of them paired up but OMG, thank you thank you thank you!

PS, the fuzz switch just kills, and I hate fuzz when Im playing, I dont know which is best now :D

Pott

Hehe you're welcome. The fuzz control changes the way the tone control reacts, I'll have to try this out today.

Indeed now I'm a bit worried that if I got a BOR it wouldn't sound great... I played it through a EL84 Laney with a 12'' but mine's a VC15, with a 10'' speaker. Really nothing Marshall at all. Which is needed for pedals like the BOR to sound at their best.

Coincidentally, so far the best Marshall in a box pedal I tried that was less picky on which amps you use it was the Crunch Box. I used to have one but I had to sell it...

Trending Topics