Got a DOD 250

DownByLaw

Silver Supporting Member
Santa was kind enough to bring me a DOD 250. What a great pedal! (especially for the cash)
Was looking for something to bring me to the next level with my Suhr SL67, this does the trick.

Great on it's own, love using it to boost my Xotic BB MB to go from great heavy rhythm to searing
lead/heavier rhythm. I wouldn't call it transparent, but it doesn't drastically change the tone of
the amp or the BB while adding a cool texture/tone of it's own. Feels great as well and lots of fun. Recommended.

Patrick

tremolo3

I wish I can just simply buy one and try it with my YBA-1 but between SD-1 and Rats I have my dirt "needs" well covered. I had a Dist+ long time ago but it sounded like **** through a SF Twin.

I'm wondering if I can get some nasty doom tones out of it...

tapeup

Butterscotch Supt. Member
Yeah the DOD250 is a great pedal for the money, simple yet versatile. Very rugged too.

Nice username. I used to listen to Down By Law quite a bit in the 90's, saw them a handful of times, and loved Dag Nasty too.

DownByLaw

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah the DOD250 is a great pedal for the money, simple yet versatile. Very rugged too.

Nice username. I used to listen to Down By Law quite a bit in the 90's, saw them a handful of times, and loved Dag Nasty too.
Thanks. I always loved the name. Fun Fact: one of the members of Down By Law has contacted me privately here a couple of times.
I believe he is still a member.

Patrick

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I wish I can just simply buy one and try it with my YBA-1 but between SD-1 and Rats I have my dirt "needs" well covered. I had a Dist+ long time ago but it sounded like **** through a SF Twin.

I'm wondering if I can get some nasty doom tones out of it...

I haven't tried my 250 next to an SD-1, but compared to a Rat it is very nice. I would describe it is dialing in a finer range of the low gain side of the Rat with the filter knob in just the right spot.

I agree it is not transparent, but has a classic flavor. Not really vanilla, more like homemade premium vanilla bean.

T Dizz

I got one this month cuz they were going for 39 bucks. I love this pedal. I played it for Mrs. Dizz and she said it makes all the other pedals sound better.

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
I got one this year, one of the newer gold or amber ones, was going to mod it to grey box but analog man said they couldn't do it to that version. sold it and looked for an older yellow one to mod. Turns out I liked the way the yellow one sounded so it's staying stock. For the first time I tried stacking dirt pedals and I am intrigued. In a way this is responsible for my renewed interest in recording as I want to be able to record the combinations via reamping and get some objective comparisons.

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
The new updated 250's are already gray spec, there wouldn't have been anything to mod.

and it turns out I wasn't that wild about it in the first place so I'm glad I didn't change the yellow one that I liked. I just kind of assumed the grey box was superior since it was always a high dollar vintage. Saved myself some money to boot

Sun Creature

It's the only pedal, outside of my tuner, that stays on my board for two different set-ups. I use it as my main OD for my Desert-rock board and as a dirty-ish boost for my dream pop/indie rock board.

Shark Puncher

I really like mine. It's simple and cheap. I don't really use it as a stand-alone drive pedal, but it sounds awesome as a boost or for adding some beef to another drive pedal.

Unchained81

I've made probably a dozen posts raving about this pedal. It's awesome. My only wish is that it was in a smaller encloser like an MXR or mini pedal.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom