Got a ZenDrive today....Quick Clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Jayson Chance, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Jayson Chance

Jayson Chance Member

Just arrived about 30 minutes ago from FedEx.
    First impression-

WOW. [​IMG]

I haven't even had a chance to tinker with it, just set all knobs at 12:00 and went.

I did a quick clip of it with a Tele & MAZ 38 here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=465770

Didn't have time to fool with recording levels & such... Just SM57 & fire away. I'll do some better ones in a day or two...

I'm thinking that this might be what I'm looking for. Classic overdrive, but with more gain, balls, and definitely "thicker" sounding than a Tubescreamer. Even on the high strings in the upper register on the Tele, it's still fat & syrup-y.

I've got a gig at 6:00 tonight, so I'm taking it and will post results tomorrow-

JC

2. journo

journo Member

3. Galo

Galo Supporting Member

:AOK Very, very cool sound fat and full...congrats.

4. Jim

Jim Member

Excellent sound. Fattens that Dr. Z right up. I just put myself on the waiting list. I will have to wait 3 to 4 months to hear it in person. Looking forward to it.

Jim

5. Jayson Chance

Jayson Chance Member

Yeah, very cool pedal. I've used it on a few gigs the last two or three nights now, and I think we are going to get along just fine. :)

I'll do more more "in depth" clips tomorrow with Tele, Strat, & Schecter with 'buckers...

J

6. 59model

59model Member

Nice! Sounds like Zep 1 and 2.

7. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

Wow - yeah yeah yeah the zendrive sounds great, etc., but I checked out the other soundfiles on your soundclick page and I gotta say, that is some of the best playing I've heard from a tGPer (hell, from anywhere). Your approach to the beckish backing was masterful. I'd rank it up there with scott lerner's (I think it's called "bluetude" on his website?). Just beautiful rhythm and lead, so lyrical, and a nice refreshing change than the overdriven *umble sound everyone else has posted on that track (I love that sound too, just cool to hear such great clean playing). I thought your tone on the rhumba tune kicked ass, I don't know how the zen can really improve on that, but I'll take your word for it.

Man, just thanks for posting that stuff. Very inspiring. I actually bookmarked your page. Wow.

< note to self: get out of the emporium more often...>

8. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

Hi Jayson

Very nice clips, nice fat thick tone and harmonics too! I love the tones you're getting out of the zendrive! I might actually get one. The choralflange tones on your site are creating serious gas for me.

Congrats on the new pedal!

9. Jayson Chance

Jayson Chance Member

Thanks, guys... You're too kind!
    More Zen clips coming up later today......

J

10. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Zen has a very unique voice.. super cool
    I have to agree with grego, you are a superb player... man I totally love the tele poppin'!

HJ

11. GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr Supporting Member

I love my Zen Drive... tried it so far with a Super Reverb RI, a Boogie MK IV and an Alessandro WD Rottweiler... kicks as with the SRRI and the Working Dog. Not so much with the Boogie, just not as much clean smooth foundation to work with. The ZenDrive is a keeper.

12. M. Roy

M. Roy Guest

Kick ass man! I've had mine on order since January, and hearing those clips just makes my mouth water. That's a wicked tone you got out of it. Great licks too.