Got an EHX Memory Toy Delay today ...and I like it !!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BryanMatthews, Dec 24, 2009.

1. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Planet Claire
    This isnt something I ever do, as in get a product and gush over it on day 1 . How much was this thing again !! , I cant believe it sounds this good for a pocketful of bucks. I opened it up, grabbed a tiny screwdriver and turned the depth trim pot 1/2 turn clockwise, screwed it back together and played. It makes the amp sound huge and the delay is so warm and musical , im still querying the retail cost :crazy

Ive always been a pedal hater , but a nice warm delay is lovely to own. I can knock out from eric johnson to pink floyd using the memory toy and it always just sounds lush. I switched the modulation OFF , but after adjusting the trim pot, if there is a song where I need to use it, it sounds very passable.

Any regrets for not buying the memory boy........nope !! The memory toy ticks the boxes and what you get for the price is just scary.:eek:
  2. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    I wasn't a fan of the one I tried. I got the MXR Carbon Copy instead and I love it.
  3. thisday1

thisday1 Member

May 3, 2008
    Santa Ana, CA
    I got the memory boy a while ago and liked it. For the price, it was an awesome delay. But, after a/b'ing it with a vintage DMM, I realized that it couldn't replace that lush DMM sound I was going for. Still a good delay, just not for me. I wanted to try the toy as well, but found a good deal on a DMM and couldn't pass up. I'd say either of those delays, the boy or toy, is a good scaled down version of the DMM, but if you can get a DMM, get it!!
  4. funkmaster

funkmaster Member

Sep 18, 2009
    What did you not like about it? I find it funny you can get two memory toy's for the price of one carbon copy