Got Mudhoney, tried to sound like ? - new tune and backing track

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by journo, May 15, 2006.

1. journo

journo Member

Hi,

Encouraged by the T-Rex Møller I just got the T-Rex Mudhoney. That also showed itself to be a wonderful pedal. What really surprised me was the flexibility.

I found a sound that I thought made me sound very much like a certain guitar player. I promptly wrote a new tune and recorded it. When I was done I thought I didn't sound very much like the player I first thought I sounded like.

I'm very interested to know who's sound you think I aimed for.

Anyway, here's the tune "500 Reasons":
    http://www.beggat.com/uploads/500%20Reasons%20060509.mp3

For those of you who want to show me how this should really sound :D here's a backing track:
    http://www.beggat.com/uploads/500%20Reasons%20BT%20060509.mp3

Please enjoy!

Cheers,

Mats N

2. guitonit

guitonit Member

I hear hints of Santana and Ritenour.

Nice job!!

Scott A.

3. fig

fig Member

I agree, with some Larry Carlton thrown in for good measure.

Greg

4. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Larry,Larry,and Larry. Great job. If you can bang out these tunes as fast as it seems on this end, I am insanely jealous. I wish I had 1/2 that talent. I LOVE my Mudhoney pedal. It is a very close second to my Fulldrive II for best drive pedal ever. (For my style)

5. journo

journo Member

Hi Scott A and Greg,

You nailed three of the five guitar players who I consider I have been most influenced by over the years. Thanks for taking your time!

Cheers,

Mats N

6. journo

journo Member

Hi Tag,

Yes! I was going for an early Mr 335 through his Boogie tone. Sort of what he used on his original version of "Room 335".

Regarding my song writing capability, yes I seem to be on a roll when it comes to churning out tunes. I really love it. It has the effect on me that meditation has on others. It's my mental free zone where nothing else in the world interrupts. I just am! That's a wonderful and addictive feeling. On the other hand if I spent less time writing songs and more time practising my guitar maybe I could sound like I had 1/2 your talent.

Insanely jealous! I know that feeling. I feel that every time I look at the pictures of your amps and guitars! :)

Will we be hearing a Tag version of this in a near future?

Cheers,

Mats N

7. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

Hey Mats, no one needs to show you how it should really sound. That was great!!!!! I did like Fig's take also. He's been holdin' out on us. :)

And I agree with Tag - Larry, Larry, Larry!!

:RoCkIn

8. journo

journo Member

Hi Loren,

Thanks for the words!
    Glad you liked it.

Cheers,

Mats N

9. journo

journo Member

Hi,

I my eye sight works I see that this thread has been visited 137 times at the time of writing. If only 10% of those visitors downloaded the BT then I would have hoped to hear at least a few more versions then the ones posted.

It really is fun to play and record. I know there are so many talented players out there so please share your work with the rest of us!

Cheers,

Mats N

10. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Most Larry indeed!
    It is not because I work for CM, but I do not like the Mudhoney much, just as I did not always like Larry's sound on some of those records, but the playing...ah:D
    Same here:)
    Not my fave sound but I dig the playing bigtime!
    Niels

11. journo

journo Member

Hi,

To me this is a sad state of affairs when there are 189 views and five comments. This BT has generated 3 takes from other members.

This means it will be easier for me to mail the BT to the people who have responded than go through the hassle of finding a web host, uploading it and then post here.

I really would like to see some more action here.:dude

Cheers,

Mats N

12. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

Sorry - Mats,
    As usual a very well made backing, great tone and playing from you but i still think you could do a better take ;) .
    I find it hard to play ovet this type of progression, but it was great fun:BEER :BEER

13. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Once again...I love your tracks...allthough I myself gets various results from playing along with them:D
    They sound great and are good for the ears!
    Always a positive challenge and filled with cool goodies.
    Niels
    P'S I am looking forward to your visit up here at us:)