• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

got my 1/2 watt cannibal

bullet69

the little thing is amazing. i would swear there were little tubes in there. it has a lot of gain if you crank it but it is not fizzy at all. this is not a sterile rockman or ds-1 sound it is dynamic and responsive.

MAGICboy

Originally posted by bullet
the little thing is amazing. i would swear there were little tubes in there. it has a lot of gain if you crank it but it is not fizzy at all. this is not a sterile rockman or ds-1 sound it is dynamic and responsive.
I am glad you like it..

Thank you for saying so.. :)

MAGICboy

no problem dude, you do great work.
:)

thank you so much..

The cannibal is a lil diff from the vintage..

It has a level instead of a bias..

My favorite thing about the cannibal is how you can dial it down to whisper volume without loss of dynamics..
Everything STAYS huge.. :dude

Thats the part that creeps me out a bit..

bullet69

when you crank it it nails the vh tone on women and children first. listen to the song fools and thats the sound of the cannibal. i dont know how you did it but you did. 3 a.m. and i can have this quiet rage going on and the rest of the house sleeps.:AOK

MAGICboy

when you crank it it nails the vh tone on women and children first. listen to the song fools and thats the sound of the cannibal. i dont know how you did it but you did. 3 a.m. and i can have this quiet rage going on and the rest of the house sleeps.:AOK
Im not a day walker either..

:D

bullet69

i figured that out when i emailed you last week at 1:45 a.m. and you responded 15 min later which is the fastest response i have ever got from anyone by the way . and just to let you know i see a karl fuzz in my near future man those clips are killing me that thing sounds sweet.

MAGICboy

i figured that out when i emailed you last week at 1:45 a.m. and you responded 15 min later which is the fastest response i have ever got from anyone by the way . and just to let you know i see a karl fuzz in my near future man those clips are killing me that thing sounds sweet.
LOL.. I have always been a late night person..

I have a couple karl blems upstairs, when your ready let me know..

bobeau

MAGICboy,

This is not a tube pedal/amp, right?

Could you explain to me why it matters it's a half watt? I understand with the subwatt tube amps of course you want to drive the power tubes to a boil, but why would this matter with a transistor amp?

bullet69

you rock sean i will take one of those karl blems my playing is loaded with blemishes so this will be a good fit. :D

MAGICboy

Originally posted by bobeau
MAGICboy,

Could you explain to me why it matters it's a half watt? I understand with the subwatt tube amps of course you want to drive the power tubes to a boil, but why would this matter with a transistor amp?
I'm not sure I understand.. Could you re phrase?

:)

El Kabong

Thank you, Sean. I am confident that I made the right purchase.

I bought one of each model; one for my Nash Esquire and one for my custom Charvel.

My neighbors in Japan will love you. Cheers!

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by bobeau
MAGICboy,

I'll tackle this... Any amp, SS or tube, is going to sound best at the volume it's designed for. It has something to do with electronic components being non-linear. So a 30w, solid state amp, turned down to 1/2w just DOES sound wimpy compared to a 1/2w amp cranked all the way up!

The Whiz

Oh boy I just got my 1/2 watt vintage model. I'll give it a go this weekend. Probably play it through some weber alnico blue dogs and some old eminence alnico 10" speakers. I'll try a bunch of different fuzz/overdrive/boost/delay pedals with it too.

taco

bobeau

Originally posted by drbob1
I'll tackle this... Any amp, SS or tube, is going to sound best at the volume it's designed for. It has something to do with electronic components being non-linear. So a 30w, solid state amp, turned down to 1/2w just DOES sound wimpy compared to a 1/2w amp cranked all the way up!
That makes some sense. Guess I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the fact with a tube amp you are inducing clipping in the power stage to get a harmonically rich pallette of tones, I thought power stage distortion is a big no-no with transistor amps? - Beau

Trending Topics