Got my Beano Boost ordered!!!

RocksOff

Anyone tell me what to expect? I sold my Keeley Java some time ago and have regretted it ever since. I figured why not take the next logical step and go to Analog Mike's House of Awesome Tone and grab up a beano? I'll be using it with an AC30 and a couple different guitars... Gretsch Malcolm Young and Fender Telecaster. The Firebird might see it some, but those other two guitars are the ones that I'll be using it with for a particular project. Let me know what kind of sonic bliss is in store for me! I hope to use it a lot for my main tone. I'm looking for something I can't put my finger on exactly, but the treble boost may be IT.

xntrick

i have a byoc tri-boost and i luv the sound it gives me with both humbuckers and single coils, should've had one of these long ago...

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
The AM Beano is a very versitle and kick ass piece of gear. I use mine to clean up wooley fuzz boxes, drive small amps to the point of no return and boost dirt boxes to sonic bliss. I don't know if I could take it off my board at this point!

Flying Panda

:dudeOoohhhh, you're gonna LOVE it! The mid/reg/lo switch is very useful. You pretty much want to have the knob at noon or above, but you'll figure that out yourself real quickly. Get yerself ready for some raw, uncompressed classic rock dirt!

Radiosdead

I've owned 4 Beanos now...selling thinking I could fill it with something else...such foolishness I tell you...The one I have now will never part from me. Absolutely brilliant by itself or playing with other friends on the board...I don't think I have a OD/Dist/fuzz on my board that it doesn't pair greatly with...The switch is extremely versatile. I have some OD's that love being kicked by the mids and some by the highs...Love pushing my amp with the lows for a nice deep growl.. Probably the pedal I use most to sauce up my sound.

Mike quick question...What is the main difference between the NKT275's that you used to use in them and the OC-44's you're using now? I read on your site that the 275's are smoother with a tad less noise....How do they compare gain wise? Clean up? The first two Beanos I owned had 275's in them, but it was some time before I came back. When I returned to the Beano the tranny changed to the OC44's. Love it, but can't recall the sonic differences. I'd like to have my old one back though :(...just seems right to have my first one back in my hands. Thanks!

analogmike

Vendor
Mike quick question...What is the main difference between the NKT275's that you used to use in them and the OC-44's you're using now? I read on your site that the 275's are smoother with a tad less noise....How do they compare gain wise? Clean up?
Glad you like them!! We try to choose all Beano Boost transistors with similar gain, but the NKTs tended to be a little lower gain and lower noise. But the military OC44 (CV7003) we use now are chosen for low noise and usually a little higher gain, so they are a little crunchier and bolder. I like them a lot :)

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
I just built a Rangemaster clone with a CV70023. It sounds great!

geetarboy

My favorite pedal. It pairs really well with my other pedals and adds an extra layer of "kick ass" on your tone.

Unadan

I have an OCD, FD2, Timmy, and Maxon 820 - do I need a Beano or can some of these pedals do a boost similar to it?

pickslide

Silver Supporting Member
I LOVE my Beano. I recently bought the Beano and the /13 Dyna Ranger and did a direct comparison and honestly it took less than 10 minutes for me to know that I liked the Beano a lot better. It makes every guitar sound so fat and thick. I think that I will just always have it on as a part of my sound because it is just that good. Cannot go wrong with a Beano Boost.

RocksOff

I ordered the little guy on January 4th. I wonder what the lead time is currently. Anyone else have a recent order? I can't wait to plug it in!

analogmike

Vendor
We are still backed up from heavy Christmas ordering but the Beano Boosts should be shipping in 1-2 weeks from your order, sorry for the delay!

aeonlux

I don't have a Beano Boost but I do have one as half of my Analogman Sunlion.

Simply put, that pedal is going nowhere - a never-sell piece. What it does in front of a darker-voiced British amp is just pure euphonic pleasure.

Congrats on your Beano Boost - it is a great piece as it concerns the quest for Tone.

cheers,
Ian

Ice Monster

Contemplating replacing the Marshall Drivemaster (too sterile sounding) with a Beano Booster and Barber Electronics Half Gainer overdrive. However, since reading the comments here, I'm wondering do I really need the Half Gainer overdrive?

Trending Topics