Got my Bray Modded Plexi 50 Watt back.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by redplexi, Mar 5, 2006.

1. redplexi

redplexi Member

Very cool, this amp Rocks. This is a totally different sounding amp than what I sent to him. Dave did a Push Pull on Volume 2 , "the Push/Pull pit is "in", giving
    more low mids, and less highs and scream. The second part, it's out, more like a typical Mod I."

Very Versatile Amp, Can go from Blues to Rock to Early VH, to 80's Metal. I'm 100% Happy. And for those of you who Haven't Dealt with Dave Bray, what a Great Guy. He has to be one of the Nicest people who I have ever Dealt with.

If you have a Marshall that needs Some Balls and a PVMM, Dave is the Man, with a less that 2 week turn around.:dude

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Nice.

Are any of those options foot-switchable?

3. redplexi

redplexi Member

No, it's still a 1 Channel amp, just a Push/Pull on one of the Volume Knobs.

4. CrunchBoy

CrunchBoy Member

Let's hear it! Oh, and how does it compare to the red one?

5. redplexi

redplexi Member

If someone would walk me through how to Post Clips, I would Gladly put some sound Bytes up. The Red one is a 1966, and is very Loud. And it doesn't get played much anymore.

I'll Post Daves Samples that he sent me before he shipped out.

6. redplexi

redplexi Member

OK, Here is my First attempt to post anything on the Web. Here is my Bray into a 4x12 Marshall Cab w/25 Watt BlackBacks. Mic'd with a SM57 Dry into Garage Band 3.
    After a 12 Pack and allot of screaming I got a Rough Sound Clip down of the Bray Plexi. It's Very Rough, timing is way off. But Basically me Making some noise and posting it.

http://homepage.mac.com/prush1/FileSharing2.html

7. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

Cool,
    Hey is that a GMW Jake e. Lee?

8. redplexi

redplexi Member

yes

9. nsriley

nsriley Member

Congrats on the Bray mods. Out of all the amps I've owned the Bray Mod I 100 watt SLP reissue was my favorite! It was perfect sounding! Sadly I had to sell it to take care of a lotta debt I have. But someday I want to try and save up for one again, probably a 50 watter.

Enjoy!!!!!

-peace
    -nate

10. CrunchBoy

CrunchBoy Member

I asked for a clip, not a concert! :D No, seriously, thanks for the clip. Dave definitely gets his amps to have a signature voice. Not excactly like any vintage Marshall I've ever heard. But it's a good sound.

11. UnderTheGroove

UnderTheGroove Supporting Member

That really sounds great redplexi. I've heard other clips of Dave's mods and thought they sounded really good. Can I ask how loud you had it when you were recording?

12. Randy

Randy Member

That sounds great! Can you tell us what your settings were for that clip? Also, what was Dave's mod exactly? His standard Mod I with a pull for more low mids and less highs? Is the MV now in a speaker jack? Do all 4 input jacks still work?

I've had a couple of Cameron modded Marshalls and a couple of Splawns but always wanted to try a Bray mod... this clip may have pushed me over the edge :)

13. redplexi

redplexi Member

Mine is a Cross bvetween a Mod 1 and 2, with a new Push Pull option. I specifically asked Dave to roll out the Highs that Marshalls are Notorius for, and not get too compressed like some of the Mod 2 Clips.

The setting are PVM 12 o'clock
    Presc+7
    Bass+ 5
    Middle+8
    Treble+7
    Gain1+10
    Gain2+8

High Input Jack, with a 4x12 Cab Nofx on the one, and Garage Band FX on the second added to the Clip.

14. redplexi

redplexi Member

Thanks. The amp will clean up, I just had it pegged for those Clips. I read allot of Post's asking if the Bray Mod will get Heavy.

15. redplexi

redplexi Member

Can I ask how loud you had it when you were recording?[/quote]

Master was set at 12 Oclock on those Clips.

I actually set up a Make shift recording Studio for some clips not posted. I ran a 50 Ft. Cord to a spare Bedroom from my Office where my G4 is and a 50 Ft. Mic Cable as well. I had the Plexi in the office with the door shut and I cranked it. WOW, What a Great sound to record with. I can see now How alot of those Tracks from the 80's sounded so Good with Marshall Plexi's