1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

got my EP-Pre today from Clinch fX

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gnugear, Feb 19, 2009.

1. gnugear

gnugear Member

Interesting pedal ... I like it a lot! Like most people say, it's hard to describe! I sound like a broken record but it's one of those pedals that you notice more when it's off than on. And on is definitely better! Best way I can describe it is it sounds like the tone of the amp when you plug directly into it and bypass pedals. When I insert pedals into the chain the tone dulls. With the EP-Pre, all the sparkle and dynamics return. Very cool. I'm testing it in front of some delay pedals as we speak. :)

Great job Peter!!

2. drod2045

drod2045 Member

im not 100% but I believe the preamp of the ep-3 is before the delay section of it

3. gnugear

gnugear Member

Yeah, I've got it at the end of my chain but right before the delay.

4. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Would running through a digital delay like the Boss DD-20 kill any benefits from the EP-3? I'm on the list for one of these. A/D > D/A conversion may not work.

5. KBN

KBN Member

With the DD-20 only the delays are digital. I'm not sure where to find the information (not sure if it was posted here, or on another board), but someone went to some significant work to show that the guitar signal does not go through A/D>D/A conversions. Only the delayed signal does.

6. Chadley

Chadley Member

That was me.....old thread. Tis true. Pure analog signal path with digital delays.

7. KBN

KBN Member

8. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

to all the lucky ones with this pedal ..... How would it work at the beggining
    of the chain?
    I ask because I just had some perverse thoughts about mounting it into a guitar ! How much real estate do the guts use in the enclosure ?

I know you `ve all looked !

thanks ,. PAul