Got my first Gibson Les Paul today!

guitarfish

I've been playing for 10 years next month. I've been through lots of guitars, many of which I decided weren't for me. My Epi LP has grown on me, however, and I decided it was time to get the real deal. So I sold some guitars I don't use, searched the net, and found someone with a nice one for sale. The seller was about 240mi away, so we picked a meeting place and I picked it up today.
So here she is, a 2007 LP Standard in Iced Tea, 60s neck. Excellent, like new condition, gorgeous maple top. It plays like a dream, so effortless and smooth. It sounds like a canon - what power !! Still kinda speechless over this.
01-LP-Top1.jpg

06-LP-Instand.jpg

03-LP-Back.jpg

07-LP-Incase.jpg

JohnnyL

Congratulations!!! That is nice-Enjoy it.

I'll be the first to say...That back looks like a solid piece of mahogany. Check the guitar from the butt end. If there is no seam, consider yourself fortunate as far as avoiding a multi-piece back goes.

Take care,

Johnny

arfalax

That is a beaut! You found a real nice looking first Lester. It's so fun to get a guitar like that and go through the stages of how it plays as you learn it's intricacies. Big congrats!:BEER

guitarfish

Congratulations!!! That is nice-Enjoy it.

I'll be the first to say...That back looks like a solid piece of mahogany. Check the guitar from the butt end. If there is no seam, consider yourself fortunate as far as avoiding a multi-piece back goes.

Take care,

Johnny
I was going to ask about that! I watched "Some Assembly Required" on TV recently where they did a Gibson factory tour, and they said/showed the LP backs being 3 pieces glued together. There are NO seams on mine though. Not sure how I scored that, but yeah, that's hot!!

Birddog

Great looking guitar. Nice!

I'm getting my second LP this week (Desert Burst Standard). It's been on layaway and I can not wait!

humbuster

That is absolutley STUNNING!

Many Standards can still be found with 1 piece backs.
You did fine.

Congrats and welcome to the family.
Enjoy and play it in good health.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Great color, cool guitar. Glad you are enjoying it. Nothing quite like a great Lester.

Congrats!!!

Btw, needs a cream pickguard...;)

HHB

cool! there's nothing like the feeling you get from your very first Gibson Les Paul, I remeber the day after 25 years, enjoy!

ps now expect some grey hair followed by a tele LOL

Trending Topics

Top Bottom