Got my first "Tele"

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Army of BONO, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Army of BONO

Army of BONO Member

Just picked this up recently on Ebay. It's a really nice guitar. For some reason the plain-ness (oil finish, flat black pickguard) of it appeals to me. The neck pickup is stock (Dimarzio) but the guy I bought it from replaced the bridge with a Duncan Quarter Pounder. I decided to splurge since my birthday is coming and ordered a set of Lollar Specials to throw in it. I was back and forth between the Vintage and Special sets and figured I couldn't go wrong with either one after reading about them on here.

[​IMG]

2. Gordon

Gordon Silver Supporting Member

Congratulations! Looks Great! Hope it works out for you.

3. corgiears

corgiears Member

Cool snag - those Schecter teles are nice guitars. And I really like that flat finish as well.

4. Mayflower

Mayflower Silver Supporting Member

5. JonathanD

JonathanD Guest

how's the neck quater pounder sound?

6. SuperSoundMusic

SuperSoundMusic Member

Welcome to the club! The more and more you play a Telecaster and get accustomed to them, the more you wonder how you ever got along without one. Change that pickup though! Not that it sounds bad, it just doesn't sound like a Telecaster!

7. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

+1
    I got my "Tele" - a G&L ASAT Classic - last summer, and I'm hooked on it. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the beauty in the simplicity, but the Tele has an allure like a thousand dollar hooker.

I put a Duncan Broadcaster bridge and Vintage neck pickup on mine, and it's all Tele now.

8. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Tele's rule! and Lollars +1 those rock!

9. parker

parker Member

Welcome to the club...... play it in good health !

10. sws1

sws1 Member

Got my first Tele last summer. A CIJ 62 Reissue. Absolutely love playing it. Feels so natural. And very loud when unplugged.

11. johnmfer

johnmfer Supporting Member

I had never really considered Telecasters before I played a USA Schecter which looked exactly like that one. That was about five years ago. Now I have one Mutt Tele, a G&L ASAT on the way, and am building a third. I really liked the stock Schecter pickups. Anyone know what kind of pickups those are?

12. Army of BONO

Army of BONO Member

The bridge is actually the quarter pounder. It sounds decent but not really much like a tele in my opinion. The neck I believe is a Virtual T which sounds ok also and much more like an actual tele.

I'm pretty psyched about the Lollars though. It should definitely be a kick-ass guitar then.

13. Army of BONO

Army of BONO Member

I believe that Schecter makes their own pickups but don't necessarily put them in their guitars. There is one like I have at drumcityguitarland.com that has one Duncan and one Schecter pickup. This guitar is a 96 and according to the guy I bought it from, it came stock with DiMarzios.