Got my old, big-box fulltone '69. what trannies are in there?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vanguard, Feb 24, 2012.

1. vanguard

vanguard Member

i was plopping a battery in yesterday and noticed the transistors are unmarked. they are squatty little chrome cylinders with a tab off the bottom to identify one of the leads i imagine. they are the same as this old '69 from another thread:
    [​IMG]

i've seen some modern "NKT-275" and some others with unfamiliar names, but these little cans are blank.

any ideas?

anyway, the pedal sounds pretty amazing so far. i've had analogman red dots, white-dots, MJM's, and the bonomassa. compared to what i've had, the fulltone is obviously more tweakable. its fuzz sound is rawer and spittier than any of the other fuzzes, and it has a slight octave-up in the "jimi" region of the fretboard (around 12th fret high-three strings). anyone else have a bit of octave in their '69's? i'm really enjoying the nastiness and organic nature of the effect; i don't like high-gain usually, but this pedal gives high-gain a very natural, "neil young at philmore east" kind of drive. i found the analogman fuzz's too well-behaved in a lot of ways, though they sound great. . .the '69 definitely reintroduces a bit of unpredictability and "fun" back into the FF world.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. erksin

erksin Member

I wonder if somebody messed with the trimmers - mine doesn't have any of those attributes.

3. vanguard

vanguard Member

sure doesn't look like it. i'll have to take some voltages and check. the inside looks pristine.

4. vanguard

vanguard Member

bump. added a pic.

5. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Looks like the ?Russian ones that are in the modern version and the 69SR. Reportedly Mike's favorite versions...

6. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

Looks like the to5's

7. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

they look like ac128

no clue though