Got my T-REX Moller and Xotic BB Preamp today!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sixstring531, Jun 20, 2008.

1. sixstring531

sixstring531 Supporting Member

Well, my fellow gearpagers have sold me some good pedals which both came in today.

1.I replaced my Fulldrive II with the T-Rex Moller -- 1st impressions -- very versitile pedal! The mix knob and mid switch really set this one apart from other TS dual stage pedals. Unlike the FD, the boost on this pedal is independent (and a great boost for my AC30 mind you) and sounds great alone, with the OD on and when pumped into my new BB Preamp. I think I am really going to like this pedal!

2. I replaced my original Expandora with a Xotic BB Preamp -- 1st impressions -- a great low/mid/higher (not quite highest) gain pedal that is very effective due to the EQ. This little monster seems very powerful. So far I like to have the drive set to around 9, volume at 12 and eqs slightly above even. I can actually hear my strings through this pedal. I know it is compressed but it really does seem to be what I would refer to as a transparent pedal. It sound awesome by itself or while the Boost on the Moller is on.

Fill me in if anyone has any secret settings for these pedals. My setup is as follows in my sig

2. geetarboy

geetarboy Member

I love my BB. I keep the volume at unity, bass at 1-2 o'clock and treble at 10-11 o'clock. I like my gain anywhere from 9 to 2 o'clock.

3. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

I was just playing several guitars through my BB Preamp last night. It still sounds great with HBs, P90s and Fender single coils. I also tend to run the bass at 1-2 o'clock, treble and 11 to noon, drive at 9 to 11, and volume at 11 to 1. It definitely sounds better with the tuner after it rather than before it, like my other boost and OD pedals. I also have a FD2, which is good, but I prefer the tone and feel of the BB over it and several other ODs I've tried.
    Enjoy it!

4. sixstring531

I think the Moller is definately a silent winner. I dig the BB already, but I feel the Moller presents me with alot of opportunity. Again, both great pedals. I picked the Moller for $150 (they are $279 new) so I would try and grab one before they become too popular.

5. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

The BB is one of my all-time favorite pedals. It's the one pedal I cannot imagine ever selling. It sounds great with nearly everything.

6. sixstring531

Just got through a half hour more of playing -- have my settings for the bedroom and couldn't be happier. Goodbye FDII FM (though you are a commendable pedal) and goodbye Expandora you prehistoric samurai whose tuna can design produces more edge than any cylinder I have ever stomped on! Hopefully they went to good homes.

Of course....this could all change in a month or two ;)

7. theraygun

theraygun Member

Yeah, the Moller is a killer pedal with a Vox amp. When I had my AC30, that was my go-to pedal.

8. brianf

brianf Member

Big Moller fan here. You are correct in that it covers soooo much territory. To my ears its a super ranged Sparkle Drive.

brianf

9. sixstring531

Great way to describe it!! My bud with the TB6 also runs a sparkle drive and I thought the same thing of the Moller -- SD x1200.