Got myself 2 pedals from El Musico Loco

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by LordRiffenstein, Feb 3, 2012.

1. LordRiffenstein

LordRiffenstein Member

I got to try his Dinky Dong boost pedal last year and really loved it, fantastic sounding pedal. It got me interesting in his other pedals and I ended up buying the Blisterlilly overdrive and the Honky Dong boost.

The Honky Dong is basically the same pedal as the Dinky Dong but it has an additional master volume. The Dinky Dong has a lot of boost and adds harmonics and some musical grit to your tone, I thought it sounded best at around 1:00 but it was putting out a lot of volume. The master control on the Honky dong solves this. Flat out, the pedal is the same as the Dinky Dong so you can dial down on the output and still get the great harmonics and grit.

I made some clips, check them out: http://soundcloud.com/lordriffenstein/sets/el-musico-loco-honky-dong/

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/lordriffenstein/honkydong3[/SOUNDCLOUD]

I got the Blisterlilly overdrive just before my NYE gig, I received the package, unpacked it and installed the pedal on my board and took it to rehearsal for my NYE-gig and the gig itself. It hasn't left the board. It's very versatile, it's a low/medium gain od but can be used as boost as well. The drive control sets the input gain into the circuit and is perfect for finetuning this pedal. I wrote a review for effectsdatabase.com!

And I also made some clips! Check them out: http://soundcloud.com/lordriffenstein/sets/el-musico-loco-blisterlilly-1

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/lordriffenstein/blisterlilly-03[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Lastly, you gotta love the etched look of these pedals!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not affiliated with El Musico Loco in any way, after testing the Dinky Dong, I got in contact with Chris and he turned out to be a really cool guy. Check out his other creations on his website

2. Burgs

Burgs Member

These are some great sounding clips, thank you!

I can say that E.M.L make some great pedals and are a company to watch, for sure. Chris is a gentleman producing some top-notch circuits and very classy enclosures.

I have a number of his pedals with me at the moment that I'll be demoing for my channel very soon.

Keep up the great work!

Best,

Brett K.

3. Fuzzlight

Fuzzlight Member

Yup I agree, I love Chris's work, the craftsmanship is top notch both in the look and sound quality. He is one of those guys that builds by ear and a good ear he has too.
    Keep an eye out for these ones they are certainly up and coming!!

Looking forward to your demo's too, Brett ;)

4. ZeroChan

ZeroChan Member

At first I thought you were trolling (mostly because of the names), but then as I was scrolling down, I was like, oh crap, they're legit!

5. LordRiffenstein

LordRiffenstein Member

Thanks Brett, looking forward to your demos!

6. LordRiffenstein

LordRiffenstein Member

:rotflmao These are real for sure and they sound great!

7. basti

basti Member

Hi,
    I love El Musico Loco-Pedals

Got the E.M.L MKII - they made only 7 ones, I've got the pedal with the serial number 1 :) :)

It`s awesome! :)

8. El Musico Loco

El Musico Loco Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. It is really appreciated. I am wrestling away with a few new designs including a new all mini tube distortion machine and a phaser maybe.

Looking forward to Bretts' videos too! Thanks for the friendship everyone.

Cheers,

Chris

9. C-4

C-4 Member

Here for now, Europe when I die. Am I dead yet?
    Yoeri,
    Wonderful recordings! The pedals sound great. I can understand why you like them so much. They sound and look very professional.
    I had not heard of them before you told me about them. Thanks again. :)

Stephen

10. deaner33

deaner33 Member

Fuzz Box Girl convinced me (it wasn't hard) to order a Wee Beaver Fuzz. Can't wait until is shows up in the mail...

11. deaner33

deaner33 Member

Bummer! The seller just sent me an email saying their last wee beaver was stolen...

At least I got this today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]