Got myself a Telesonic!

Probos

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats -- I've had mine for going on 14 years. Probably the best playing guitar I own. Swapped out the bridge for a Wilkinson a while ago and dropped TV Jones PowerTrons in it. Love it -- thinking of upgrading the pots to 500k.

Schou81

It looks lovely in sunburst!

-Would have been my choice if I had the option.

What is the value of the stock pots? 250k?

Probos

Silver Supporting Member
It looks lovely in sunburst!

-Would have been my choice if I had the option.

What is the value of the stock pots? 250k?
Yeah, I dig the brown-burst -- ha.

Yup, 250k. The pickup's sound great,...a tad on the dark side but not bad -- great crunch with a fat midrange. Would like the extra brightness and open tone the 500k's would give. I'll talk to the guys up at my local shop before actually doing it.

Schou81

I really like the bridge pup.
I used to turn the tone down a bit on my old guitar, so it's spot on for me as it is

The neck pup is quite bassy, but I take off some bass with my Rat and add a bit of crunch.

I just recorded some guitar and the clean neck pup comes across way less bassy on the recordings. Maybe its a question of hearing the sound "off axis" when rehearsing.

-Anyway. I'll keep it as it is, tweak some knobs and get to know it before I start modding.

Probos

Silver Supporting Member
I really like the bridge pup.
I used to turn the tone down a bit on my old guitar, so it's spot on for me as it is

The neck pup is quite bassy, but I take off some bass with my Rat and add a bit of crunch.

I just recorded some guitar and the clean neck pup comes across way less bassy on the recordings. Maybe its a question of hearing the sound "off axis" when rehearsing.

-Anyway. I'll keep it as it is, tweak some knobs and get to know it before I start modding.
I did like the 2K's -- tone was great, they're just very low output and at the time I wanted something a bit ballsier. The PowerTron's sound great in this guitar. I know what you mean about the neck pup being on the bassier side -- the middle position is great for clean chording.

Trending Topics