1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Got myself another KICKASS Haar guitar!!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by LordRiffenstein, Jan 20, 2006.

1. LordRiffenstein

LordRiffenstein Member

After buying a first Haar Guitar 1.5 years ago, something that happened by surprise because I wasn't in the market, I ordered a custom build strat last year and received it last November. Check out this thread.

2 weeks ago, I was at his place again with a friend to check out some pedals and while we were at it, we tested 2 of his more modern looking telecasters. I was pretty much floored by the feel, playability, looks and sound of a humbucker-loaded telecaster. I had been looking for a nice humbucker guitar for years, tried many but never found one that did it to me and this telecaster delivered. Needless to say that I got hit badly by unexpected guitar GAS. And as we only live once, I caved in and bought it last week.

[​IMG]

It has a korina body, flame maple top, maple neck with a brazilian rosewood fretboard. Sperzel locking tuners, string-thru body bridge and is loaded with a matching set of Voodoo PAFs.

As good as it looks, the sound surpasses the looks. The guitar has so much sustain, it could easily hang with a Heritage H535 sustain-wise and kicked the H535 in the corner for sounds. The bridge pickup sounds very crunchy, plenty of bite but not harsh, the neck is fat and woody sounding and an excellent match with the bridge pickup. I am extremely pleased with this guitar and with my other 2 Haar guitars. Here's a family picture:

[​IMG]

:dude :dude :dude

2. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

3. onemind

onemind Member

The maple on the neck of the 's' type looks amazing, how about a close up!

4. Telecaster

Telecaster Member

That's a GREAT guitar. Actually....I played that one while I was at Haar's shop. Gefeliciteerd !

5. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Awesome .. man when I go back to visit mom thuis in Nederland I got to go check out Haar's shop!

6. MOJO

MOJO Member

WOW !!

His guitars look pretty nice... what price range (US $$$ ) do they run?

7. Telecaster

Telecaster Member

About 1400 euro for a Strat, a bit less for a Tele.

8. samtheman

samtheman Member

9. FastGoKart

FastGoKart Member

Those Harrs are realy nice! I would love to try one of them around Denver, but no dice. That relic'd headstock is sweet as hell!

tom

10. LordRiffenstein

LordRiffenstein Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. LordRiffenstein

LordRiffenstein Member

Thanks a lot guys, this is really the first humbucker guitar that really fits me, the only other one was a PRS CE that I should have bought. So far I have done several rehearsals and 2 gigs with it and it's sounds and plays even better than it looks. Awesome guitar and a perfect fit in my 'collection'.

12. fred dons

fred dons Member