Got the call from Paul..Timmy en route..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drolling, Nov 21, 2005.

1. drolling

drolling Member

What a nice guy.

When I spoke to him in september (he had the date written down- I wasn't even sure what month it had been) I was kinda abrupt. I'd done extensive 'scientific' research (reading posts here) and knew which pedal I wanted, so I sorta cut him off in the middle of his explanation of the differences between these two boxes. I was trying not to waste his time, but thinking about it afterward, I realized I'd been pretty rude.

But he called back anyway, offering me a discount (!) because he's behind schedule. Unbelievable!

I decided to take a more relaxed approach this time and we had a lovely chat about life in general, music and of course, gear. I've already got more amps than I need, but now i'm jonesing for a Heritage. He wouldn't have even mentioned the day job if I hadn't brought it up, but his description of a design that sounds like a cross between two of my all time favorite amps (he had no way of knowing this, either) along with a really revolutionary approach to effect loops has really got me going..

So if you're waiting for a Tim/Timmy, I just wanted to let you know you've not been forgotten.

Of course, he's another 1/2 hour behind on your order thanks to me..

2. gtrguy17

gtrguy17 Member

+1

I ordered a Timmy from Paul at the beginning of October, and told him that I was going to be in Nashville the second week of November. I hooked up with him the last day I was there and got the pedal and some instruction from him on how to use it.
    I asked him if he wanted a check or cash, and he told me to just take the pedal back to Chicago with me and try it out for a week. When I called him a week later to get his address, he told me to knock some money off of the payment because it took a while to get.

Thanks a million Paul!

3. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Well, this sucks! I ordered mine in early September and haven't heard a thing from him since (he's about 3 weeks past the "first week in November" approximate delivery date that he quoted me!

Brian

4. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

like many good things, quality takes time... patience is a virtue... things worth having are worth waiting for... etc., etc.

you (and I & others) have been waiting while Paul took care of 'em, same as he's taking care of you & me....:cool:

5. trumpus

...and that's fine, and understood, and believe me, i appreciate his kindness (on the phone with myself and others) and his attention to detail and perfection. I realize that he is very, very busy...

...that being said, with a waiting list, and all things being fair, the order of the list should stand, regardless of whether or not youpick it up in person or have it mailed. If he had one available to give to drolling, well, then that one should have gone to the next person on the list.

...just my $0.02

Brian

6. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

maybe I'm missing it, not sure how you assume he had one for drolling and didn't give it to him.. in any case, prob. not worth much more discussion time/space.

jc:cool:

7. trumpus

I appologize, i meant gtrguy17, not drolling. Regardless, gtrguy17 said that he showed up in Nashville prior to when Paul told him his pedal would be ready (mid November), and Paul gave him one anyways. SO he basically jumped ahead of everyone else waiting in line, who was supposed to get theirs before he did, because he showed up in person.

Now I don't personally care. I'm fine waiting, but if the delivery date is pushed back, i'd like to get a heads up. Even a post on here saying that the date originally quoted is pushed back a few weeks.

I've left a few messages, and haven't heard back, and we are workingon 3 weeks past when he said mine woiuld be ready. Just a little update would be nice!!

Brian

8. drolling

drolling Member

I don't really understand your problem. When I initially spoke to Paul, he told me to expect a call in October. I didn't press him for an exact date and wasn't particularly concerned when the month came & went, as everything I've read here would indicate that he takes very good care of his customers.

This man hand builds each of these units in his spare time, charges almost nothing for them- AND seems to treat everyone like a *star*.

If you really can't wait a few weeks, you could always pick up a used one. It wouldn't cost too much more.

9. trumpus

....like i said, i don't particularly care, i'm just pointing out something that caugh my attention. I realize they are available used, and i am fine waiting (as i have been). I also understand, as you've taken the time to point out several times, that Paul takes good care of his customers, which is WHY I have no problem waiting. So, no problems here....

Brian

10. gtrguy17

gtrguy17 Member

Guys-
    I didn't mean to start a fight. I think my posting may have been misinterpreted.
    I told Paul that I was going to be in town around the 10th of November - this was late Sept/early Oct. when I called him. I didn't make it down there until the 15th or so. He met with me briefly and dropped it off.
    I did NOT get mine early and I gaurantee that Paul did not bump me up on the list. He is a complete class act and runs a respectable business.
    I suggest calling Paul up. I'll bet that he misplaced your order and that he'll get you one in a couple of days for a discount to rectify the situation. That's the kind of guy that he is.

11. trumpus

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry for making such a big deal of this - i guess i'm just anxious!!

I'll try to call Paul again tonight. Please - no hard feelings here....

Brian

12. PaulC

PaulC Member

I am sorry for the delays guys. I am getting sort of caught up though. Sept is almost done, all the single timmy orders are out, and most of the tims. Right now I'm waiting on about 10 more tim boxes to finish that up. Some of those are single orders, and some go with timmy's. Also there are 3 guys on my list from sept who's phone numbers are not working, or I wrote them down wrong, so if you have a timmy from sept give me a call...

What's been the biggest problem for me is in having two different boxes. They don't come in at the same times, so sometimes I wind up making timmy pedals ahead of guys waiting on Tims because that's what I have in stock.

Brian, I'm not sure what happened with your order, but I've got you down as ordering it on Oct4 - not early Sept. I did get your message this weekend, but I was out a bunch, and I've not had time to return your call. I can't call from work, and I've been getting in to late to call people. I'm hoping for this weekend if I can get all of sept out.

I did get one pedal out a few weeks ahead of some others, but believe me it was only one. I didn't see the harm because he still waited a good bit, and he was getting close ( he was just over a week past yours Brian). It was only because he was in town for the weekend, and he met me at the post office when I was sending a bunch out. It wasn't about saving the postage either - I took that off of the price.

I'm busting my tail here trying to get these out. I am sorry for the long wait, but it's slowly coming together. Oct orders should move fast. All the boxes are in and drilled out, and they should be rolling in from the painter in the next week or so. I promise I will not sleep untill they are all out!

PaulC

13. trumpus

Paul -

I appreciate the reply. I didn't mean to insinuate that you were giving preferential treatment or anything, and i appologize for the mixup in when i ordered. I thought, for some reason, it was September, but i didn't write it down, and i've been busy too, so if you say October, then i guess that's when it was!

Thanks for the update!

Brian

14. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

In an era of Press 1 for customer service, this is top shelf.