• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Got to play the Fillmore!! What a great venue :)

m@2

Hey TGP,
just wanted to share a little about my band having an opportunity to play the Fillmore in SF. We opened for Serj Tankian (formerly singer of System of a down) last week. The Fillmore is one of those venues I always dreamed about playing, just so much history, and I've seen SO many great bands there. Anyway, just had to share the experience a little. From the moment we got there for load-in, the folks that work there... sound(wo)man, stage hands, security, booking etc, all were super nice and easy to work with and treated us very well. I also like that they put a lot of focus on sound quality.
Here's a couple pics :)
My setup was Gibson R7 into Deluxe Memory Man// Tim OD//homemade distortion pedal//EH BigMuff// into my 1968 Fender bandmaster/2X12 tall cab.

hop

Awesome. That's my favorite venue on the planet. Drove by it this evening and had some serious flashbacks to all the good times. Someday, maybe, probably never... I'll play there.

m@2

Hop, me too. We were freaking out when they offered us the gig. Something about that place, just love it.

m@2

Michael! hope all is well in HMB! I'll give u a head's up on bay area gigs next time.

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
Please do my brotha!! F-ing AWESOME that you got to play the Filmore!!! HELL'S YA!

I was up in Sac-town for a meeting today. Perhaps, the next time that I head up there, I could come by, or meet up for a visit.
Hope you are well.

Mark Barna

I played some decent stages not too long ago (but nothing like Fillmore West). I did not take it for granted. I knew how special it was. It's something you never forget

m@2

Thanks everyone. Yah we were extremely grateful to have that experience. it's so cool when something you dream about is even better when it happens

oldschoolguy

I didn't know this place was still active. I don't know seems like I just thought it would close after what's his name died. I've been there only once--where are you now, Donna?

sacakl

Gold Supporting Member
What an awesome experience! I've seen so many shows there over the years and it's been about six years since I've been there. Congrats on living the dream.

Nice rig and setup, too. How loud were you able to get the bandmaster onstage? I assume you were using the Tim for your dirt?

coldfingaz

Congrats, man!

That's an wonderful gig. Glad everything went so well for you there, too.

I'm hoping to catch a show while I'm out there soon.

m@2

Sacakl I ran the bandmaster on about 5-6 so fairly loud. I mainly use my volume knob for dirt as the R7 has fairly hot p/u s. But I do indeed use the Tim for more dirt. The DMM actually overdriven and adds dirt as well.

Trending Topics