Got to see a bucket list show Saturday - Paul McCartney

bbarnard

Went to the Paul McCartney show in Jacksonville Saturday night. This was a bucket list show for me. Really pretty amazing show. Paul played for close to three hours. Two encores. Still in reasonably good voice. Some concessions to age, but during the three hours, except for when he went off before the first encore, I never say him take a drink of water or anything else. Pretty amazing energy for a guy his age.

Puts on a pretty darn good show. His own guitar tone was a little too bright for me, but Rusty and Brian's tones were excellent.

Here's the set list:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-...-memorial-arena-jacksonville-fl-73ccc685.html

ChazMania

Gold Supporting Member
We saw him in San Diego in September, it was a bucket list concert for sure. It was amazing start to finish. My wife didn't grow up speaking English nor in the US, she was blown away how many songs she knew. I knew all but 2 songs.
I was surprised how much Brian Ray plays bass. I though he and Rusty traded off bass playing but if I recall, Rusty didn't play bass all night.

bbarnard

We saw him in San Diego in September, it was a bucket list concert for sure. It was amazing start to finish. My wife didn't grow up speaking English nor in the US, she was blown away how many songs she knew. I knew all but 2 songs.
I was surprised how much Brian Ray plays bass. I though he and Rusty traded off bass playing but if I recall, Rusty didn't play bass all night.
Rusty never played bass Saturday night. Brian played bass a lot.

Interesting what you said about your wife, as I was talking to mine on the way out and said something to the effect of "I wonder what it must feel like to hear people singing along to virtually every song you play AND a lot of those songs are probably known by maybe 2/3 of the planet!"

I also said something to her about the fact that perhaps the MOST recognizable guitar on the planet is actually a bass - the Hofner.

norbulator

Saw him in Aug at the 'Stick. It was like a three-hour outdoor Beatles singalong (with a bit of Wings and other decades) with 50,000 people and one of the actual Beatles leading it. You might say it was awesome.

He sounded great, and how did he go all that time without water???? I noticed that too.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Great to hear. Would love to see him. Hope he makes it down to Australia some time.

DanR

Sir Paul was on my bucket list, too. I saw him in 2011 and it was absolutely fantastic!

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
I checked that one off my bucket list in Atlanta on October 15th. It was a birthday surprise from my girlfriend.

BEST concert I ever saw!!!!

Hugh DaMann

Gold Supporting Member
I saw him in 2006 and he was fantastic. The band rocked and it sounded great. And 11th row seats to boot! However, I was especially thrilled to see him this year at Dodger stadium as I was able to take my 14 year old son, who's a big Beatles fan. Great show and he was thrilled. And we had 18th row seats. :)

My son has now seen both living Beatles. I'm raising him right...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
Saw him on October 1st. Unbelievable show - he's still one hell of a performer at 72. Rusty and Brian were great as well, and Rusty's onstage antics made for some hilarious background entertainment. Absolutely killer concert.

MrTAteMyBalls

I saw him maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Bucket list show. Really amazing that he still performs at such a high level. Sang great and played his ass off for nearly 3 hours on several different instruments.

standard24

Paul is doing what he was put on this earth to do.

(Some people just manage to find the perfect job for themselves.)

Went to the Paul McCartney show in Jacksonville Saturday night. This was a bucket list show for me. Really pretty amazing show. Paul played for close to three hours. Two encores. Still in reasonably good voice. Some concessions to age, but during the three hours, except for when he went off before the first encore, I never say him take a drink of water or anything else. Pretty amazing energy for a guy his age.

Puts on a pretty darn good show. His own guitar tone was a little too bright for me, but Rusty and Brian's tones were excellent.

Here's the set list:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-...-memorial-arena-jacksonville-fl-73ccc685.html
Holy cow what a set list! The stones keep playing like the same 15 songs at all their shows and McCartney plays close to 40:eeks

Tadams

Silver Supporting Member
It goes to show what a catalog of songs he has when Let It Be is NOT the final song!

Birdseye

Gold Supporting Member
My stepson runs FOH for Paul, so have seen him 3x the last few tours. Paul feels drinking water on stage is unprofessional. He treats the crew well, really a nice chap.

Hugh DaMann

Gold Supporting Member
My stepson runs FOH for Paul, so have seen him 3x the last few tours. Paul feels drinking water on stage is unprofessional. He treats the crew well, really a nice chap.

Is your stepson Pabs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk