• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Got to see the foo fighters play 4 songs

mitchanator

Drove 3 hours yesterday to quebec city to see the foo fighters do a show. After waiting 2 hours in line just to get on the site, we waited another 1 1/2 hours for royal blood to do there set. Man did they deliver, they were really working the crowd and for a duo they sounded huge. While royal blood was playing in seemed like a huge storm was looming but nothing happened. Then 5 minutes before the foo's got on the stage it started rainning like crazy. As soon as they started playing everybody was headbanging and forgot about the rain. Dave said as long as your dancing will be playing. But it was just raining to hard it seemed like someone was emptying buckets of water on top of dave's throne. The band had to stop after 4 songs for security reason and never got back on stage. Then we walked 45 minutes in this ****** rain to drive 3 hours back home only wearing soaking wet underwear. It sucks cause the first for songs were epic. The band was on fire ... Well maybe next time

retroLS1

That's too bad. I have my fingers crossed the weather next week is nice here - seeing them at Fenway Park on Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

That happened to me years ago at the monsters of rock tour back in the 80's. Ticket said "rain or shine". Made it through a bunch of bands, 3 songs into the scorpions, they shut it down. Waited in the rain, no shelter, for at least an hour to see if the Scorpions would come back out, and if the headliner, Van Hagar, would perform. We grew tired of waiting in the rain, chanting, "rain or shine, rain or shine", so we left. Sat through crap like Kingdom Come, and Dokken, and didn't get to see VH.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
^^^
All rain or shine meant was, they weren't issuing refunds in the case of bad weather.

What band wants to plug all their gear in and play in a downpour? Sounds like electrocution looking for a place to happen.

Lousy for the crowd, however.

Echoplexi

Gold Supporting Member
That's too bad. I have my fingers crossed the weather next week is nice here - seeing them at Fenway Park on Saturday. Really looking forward to it.
I'll be there too. First time seeing a concert at Fenway

saneff

We will be there too! Flying up from Charlotte for the weekend. Never been to Boston. Christmas gift from my wife. Im so fired up!!

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
Oh well OP, at least it's a cool, albeit wet, memory. Not everybody gets to drive 3 hours in their underwear...:)

I'd love to see the FF at Fenway! I'm going Thursday to "Shea" Stadium, but not nearly as cool as Fenway...enjoy it!

SamBooka

A friend of mine was at that show and said pretty much the same thing... Walked forever just to find a taxi

evildik

Missed most of Robert Plant at Forecastle a couple of Summers back. He got 3 or 4 good songs in. Then hard rains and heavy winds came rolling through. I couldn't blame them for temporarily shutting it down. By the time things resumed, RP's slot was gone.

Simto

That happened to me when I saw Prince about three years ago on a Beach here in Copenhagen. It was one song after Purple Rain and the whole place was going crazy!
It was so cool but the concert was only about half way through and the Wind was blowing against the stage so they had to stop.
He played another show the day after to make up for the show being cut in half and people with tickets for the rainy show could go in for free. Pretty cool.

I don't know why, but there's just some sort of extra magic that happens when it starts raining at a concert, like you said, The Foo Fighters were on fire. There's just an extra electricity in the air I can't really explain it. It's like everybody's in it together and you just go nuts.

It sucks you only got four songs though... I'm sorry about that.

Royal Blood are SICK! I saw them at Brixton Academy earlier this year and it was THE most brutal show I've been to, the crowd exploded.

sanrico

Then we walked 45 minutes in this ****** rain to drive 3 hours back home only wearing soaking wet underwear. It sucks cause the first for songs were epic. The band was on fire ... Well maybe next time
So you got to hear four songs and no refund? That sucks.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
It sucks but there's nothing you can really do.

I had a similar experince a bit over 10 years ago. I went to see Silverchair at an outdoor amphitheater, which is a great venue (but there's no under cover area at all). It absolutely bucketed down and the crowd didn't care, in fact it seemed to add to the atmosphere. Unfortunately it become a safety issue on stage and the band had to pull the plug after about 35 - 40 minutes.

Trending Topics