1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Gotoh 1088

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by kodecar, Apr 6, 2005.

1. kodecar

kodecar Member

Hello all,

I have a terrible 1990 USA Deluxe Strat Plus that I am retrofitting to try to make a more inspiring instrument.

I am going to swap out the crappy bridge with it's "stintered metal" saddles and want to drop in a Gotoh 1088 but I am having a hell of a time finding one.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Take care,
    Derek

P.S. While we're at it, I will be swapping pickups (SSS). Any strong opinions?

2. Improviser

Improviser Member

Whilst the Gotoh hardware is pretty good, the Callaham hardware is great ! Might be worth trying. ;) :)

3. kodecar

kodecar Member

Thanks for the reply.

I would love to be able to install the Callaham bridge but this guitar requires a 2 post, knife edge variety.

Take care,
    Derek

4. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Wilkinson and Hipshot both make a decent 2 post tremolo. I've used the Wilkinson on a few of mine in the past. My current strat has a Callaham.

5. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

Allparts carries them. If you call I'm pretty sure you can get it with a steel block instead of zinc. Tell them you want to same 1088 Suhr uses that has the steel block.