1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gotoh Floyd Rose and Original Floyd Rose?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Marcel, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Marcel

Marcel Member

I don't get this: why is it that the Gotoh Floyd Rose is a better design (screws under the sustain block secure the tension springs and this bridge sounds better IMHO) but is cheaper then the Original Floyd (or even the Schaller/Floyd Rose) :huh ???

2. Drew816

Drew816 Supporting Member

The theory is the metal is better quality and of course the Original is well, 'the Original' design thereby supporting the bzillions of units that have been made over time. Not sure I buy all that but there you have it.

The best sounding Floyd I have is actually a Kahler Floyd, too funny. It's honking big, more weight, more sustain, etc. I have one mid-80's Floyd on a Charvel Strathead as well.

3. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

Name brand.

Why do Gibson standards cost more than Edwards?

dk

4. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

The Kahler people like is the steeler and that is no bigger than a OFR.
    (your talking about the spyder ,zinc,nasty.)The Gotoh is actually better even than the steeler .The OFR is not what it used to be the chrome flakes off and the metal is soft .And then theres all the issues with the accuracy of the castings and the saddle arc ,I could go on for ever about this.