• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gotoh Floyd Rose and Original Floyd Rose?

Marcel

I don't get this: why is it that the Gotoh Floyd Rose is a better design (screws under the sustain block secure the tension springs and this bridge sounds better IMHO) but is cheaper then the Original Floyd (or even the Schaller/Floyd Rose) :huh ???

Drew816

Silver Supporting Member
The theory is the metal is better quality and of course the Original is well, 'the Original' design thereby supporting the bzillions of units that have been made over time. Not sure I buy all that but there you have it.

The best sounding Floyd I have is actually a Kahler Floyd, too funny. It's honking big, more weight, more sustain, etc. I have one mid-80's Floyd on a Charvel Strathead as well.

Eagle1

The theory is the metal is better quality and of course the Original is well, 'the Original' design thereby supporting the bzillions of units that have been made over time. Not sure I buy all that but there you have it.

The best sounding Floyd I have is actually a Kahler Floyd, too funny. It's honking big, more weight, more sustain, etc. I have one mid-80's Floyd on a Charvel Strathead as well.
The Kahler people like is the steeler and that is no bigger than a OFR.
(your talking about the spyder ,zinc,nasty.)The Gotoh is actually better even than the steeler .The OFR is not what it used to be the chrome flakes off and the metal is soft .And then theres all the issues with the accuracy of the castings and the saddle arc ,I could go on for ever about this.

Trending Topics