• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Goya Rangemaster

wedgehed

It's not a pristine example, but everything works except for the missing tone switch button.

It needs a good cleaning & some rust treatment for the trem arm.

I love these funky old guitars.

:)

re-animator

wow! very cool.

i love those funky guitars too... frankly i'm surprised more people don't show interest in these gems.

uberpict

I had an old hollowbody version of the Rangemaster, which I should have kept!:jo Some of the tones from those little pups were really funky and weird but for the most part it was a really cool axe. :cool:

rastus

Rangemaster's are great guitars. I've got a bunch of cheapo 60's axes-they get a bad rep sometimes, but the ones I have have good action and stay in tune. Most sound really unique. Ekos, Goyas, Tiesco Del Ray, Norma, Silvertone and Harmony, Airline, Supro, Lyle, Univox, all those. Some of the more expensive, but less popular stuff from the 60's is really great too, I'm real partial to Kustoms and Hagstroms, but the fashion then was very slim necks with very low action. I like them (heck I like guitars with huge necks, too) they give you tones you can't get with the "big 4" and inspire me to play differently. I love the Rangemaster in particular for surf and "spaghetti" western type playing. Honestly though, I'm in the process of getting rid of a large collection, and most of my "weird guitars" have to go, probably ebay em.

sears

Modern builders seem afraid of cool headstock designs, opting for copies or neutered straight-pull designs.

Dewvis

Here is my Goya Panther!

I need to pot the pickups. Also I need to change the tuners, and I might also change the bridge.

goodtone

I may still have a Goya catalog lying around somewhere. Congratulations on a very rare guitar ! They also made a bass version of the same body shape. Awesome !

CanogaSlim

This one used to be a sunburst just like Wedgehed's (but finish was in much worse condition) until I gave it a new life in seafoam green plus an antique white pickguard:

Aside from peeling off about 6 oz of cracked poly, the biggest challenge was fabricating a replacement tremolo arm.

It's been adopted into a good home by a very talented singer/songwriter in Silverlake, CA.

methc

I have a rangemaster, red.

Most of the wiring and stuff inside got messed up, I tried my best to make it all work again. The guitar works when plugged in but I'm pretty sure the wiring needs fixing.

It's parked in a corner, don't use it. Just catching dust.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom