1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Grace Potter pics & video from The Stone Pony

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Guitar55, May 18, 2011.

1. Guitar55

Guitar55 Who was that masked man? Silver Supporting Member

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals stepped out of Haight-Ashbury in 1967 and onto the stage of legendary The Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ, last night. Killer set that lasted about 90 minutes in front of a packed house. Grace has amazing stage presence and a voice that has to be heard to be believed. She also happens to be smokin' hot. The band is very tight and can really jam.

Here are some pics on Facebook (you don't have to be a member): Grace Potter Pics

Paris (Ooh La La)

That Phone

Sugar/Paint It Black

2. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Silver Supporting Member

I was there........I am amazed they are playing small venues. These guys are the real deal! I had goosebumps all night. One of the best nights of music I've had in quite a while. They should be doing stadiums.......compared to some of the stuff out there passing for music these days. These recordings really dont show how great they sounded. I think the stone pony invested in a new system that was amazing.

Lets see.........she is as good looking as elle mcphearson
    sings the likes I havent heard since the wilson sisters in
    their prime
    writes really great stuff
    has a band that sounds rediculously good

oh yea........and plays a B3!

These guys should be bigger than they are.........which shows me the music industry is not in a good way.

3. Guitar55

Guitar55 Who was that masked man? Silver Supporting Member

I agree on all the above. I wish the audio was a little better. I'm waiting for a boot to surface so I can edit it in and re-post.

VERY tight band with much better guitar tones than on their albums. WIsh I could have seen the gear.

The Pony always has great sound, but yeah, this mix was top-notch.

4. Pally

Pally Member

I think The Nocturnals have recently upgraded their equipment (and personnel), due to an influx of cash from their success. I saw them twice and the first time was a bit ragged, but now they are smoking!

5. sws1

sws1 Member

I echo all of the comments. Great show. I kept thinking, they really need to be playing bigger places. (They are playing Bonnarroo to presumably a very big audience.) So much talent / charisma, etc.

And that high note / scream she hits in Paint It Black at around 4:45 (above) floored me. She seamlessly and smoothly went from her normal singing voice to some note that only dogs can hear and back. Not exactly singing, but clearly an example of someone with an incredible natural talent.

6. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

They played an outdoor festival here last year and their energy didn't really translate to that big stage/big crowd environment at that time. I bet they would handle better after all the work they've done the last 12 months.

7. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Silver Supporting Member

Yea, it used to be that Prince had the largest vocal range...........after hearing that note I would have to say not any more. What was that!

8. hilux

hilux Member

She has such a great voice. They are certainly on an upward trajectory. Correct grammar?

9. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

Guess I am in the minority once again. They use to be a much better live band. They seem to have gone the route of Hard-Pop-Rock. Grace has the Bimbo look now, with a pound of make-up and 100 dollars worth of hair straightener. Too bad, she was a nice looking girl.
    Are they serious with those lyrics.?...Ooh Lah Doo Doo Lah Lah,.. Say'n Ooh Lah Ooh Lah Lah Lah. Are people eating that up.?