Gratuitous AMP PORN!

philster

Member
Messages
861
Pic should be hosted shortly.

Got this baby a few weeks ago. Serial #13. This thing is the real deal folks. Extreme touch sensitivity. Like having 3 to 4 amps in one. JTM45, plexi, bassman, all at the touch of a switch or two. I just live this thing.

More reports to follow as I get more used to this tweakers delight.
 

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
9,746
Originally posted by philster
Pic should be hosted shortly.

Got this baby a few weeks ago. Serial #13. This thing is the real deal folks. Extreme touch sensitivity. Like having 3 to 4 amps in one. JTM45, plexi, bassman, all at the touch of a switch or two. I just live this thing.

More reports to follow as I get more used to this tweakers delight.
What tweakers' delight? Which amp?
ERIC
 

Chrissy

Member
Messages
974
C'mon... at least share the name of the amp till the pics there... the suspense is killing me! :D
 

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
Messages
18,262
This thread is like the Gear Page version of Seinfeld :p !
 

RL in Fla

Member
Messages
3,197
Originally posted by duffyguitarman
What kind of cruel person are you, luring me in and getting "notta" :p ?
With a serial # that low it may be a Nucking Futz OD , they're pretty elusive . :p
 

meterman

Member
Messages
7,941
I'm betting Paul Cochrane's new 50w Plexi type head, I think it was called the Colonial. New model, based on a Plexi but can do tweed bassman, JTM45, metal panel too. Starts with the circuit elements common to all those amps and then switches in and out the unique components of each....I *think* he even told me that it's got two separate power sections, one with 6L6 and one with EL34s!! Could be wrong about that part though....
 

KLB

Member
Messages
3,044
Originally posted by philster
Sorry about the wait guys!

For a moment there I thought, "Dang, that is a BIG amp, then I realized those were childs hands!"

That's a PURTY amplifier.

How long did it take to get?
 

philster

Member
Messages
861
Originally posted by KLB

How long did it take to get?
Actually, about a week. I inquired about one of these from John Landgraff, and the information was not too encouraging. Two year plus. But if you consider that this amp (#13) was made in Oct 04, and he started building amps in like 2001, well, you do the math. At any rate John turned me on to this amp he knew was going to be on the market because of the owners unfortunate family events. I snatched it up, and boy am I glad I did.
 

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
9,746
Originally posted by philster
Actually, about a week. I inquired about one of these from John Landgraff, and the information was not too encouraging. Two year plus. But if you consider that this amp (#13) was made in Oct 04, and he started building amps in like 2001, well, you do the math. At any rate John turned me on to this amp he knew was going to be on the market because of the owners unfortunate family events. I snatched it up, and boy am I glad I did.

Beautiful amp! First thing I'd do is take the nameplate off because that reminds me of the guy at Hampton Beach with I love Jesus stickers all over his body spamming everyone, but that's just me.. Hope it sounds great tho! ERIC
 

philster

Member
Messages
861
Thanks guys. Eric, I know what you mean, but I guess it just does not bother me that much. The amp kicks ass, thats what count's.:dude :RoCkIn
 

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
9,746
Originally posted by philster
Thanks guys. Eric, I know what you mean, but I guess it just does not bother me that much. The amp kicks ass, thats what count's.:dude :RoCkIn
Cool, I shouldn't posted that, but it bugged me I guess.. I'm glad it doesn't you as that's ALL that counts and I'm sure it sounds absolutely great. .ENJOY
ERIC
 

Shemp

Member
Messages
981
Originally posted by ericb
Beautiful amp! First thing I'd do is take the nameplate off because that reminds me of the guy at Hampton Beach with I love Jesus stickers all over his body spamming everyone, but that's just me.. Hope it sounds great tho! ERIC
Ha! I know that guy!
 




Trending Topics

Top