Gratuitous Beauregard MB pics..

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by fazmaster, Jan 25, 2008.

1. fazmaster

fazmaster Member

Mario came by my place today. He was at the NAMM and he had brought my nylon jazz guitar to show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He brought his latest work...Amzing stuff ! (the sunburst one is mine.)

[​IMG]

Cheers,

2. Frater B

Frater B Member

3. fazmaster

fazmaster Member

..there is a very big diffrence IMO. Both are incredible instruments but Mario has taken this design a step further by creating an acoustic machine first, making it a guitar that incorporates the best of a full bodied archtop has to offer in a very tight and modern sounding instrument. Taku's version was less "acoustic" and a little stiffer. I still struggle to describe this mutli dimensional sounding axe.

Cheers,

4. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Nice-looking guitar! What's going on behind the bridge? Just a little protection during restringing?

-Austin

5. fazmaster

fazmaster Member

Especially for clumsy guitar players like me !

Cheers,

6. David Myka

David Myka Gold Supporting Member

What a beauty! And it is cool to see another builder doing something about those massive heels in their acoustic designs. It looks like it plays sweet in the cutaway.

~David

7. duckbunny

duckbunny Member

Faz, I can't tell you how long I've been drooling over that Sunburst MB 1!
    Please tell me that it plays ands sounds like I imagine it does!

-db

8. fazmaster

fazmaster Member

....A different vision. Inevitable with two very diffrent idividuals who share the same passion.

But I must admit that Mario surprised me when he came out with an all maple version of the MB. I couldn't say much about this version except that it's definitely a whole new beast with a solid piece of wood under the pick-ups and sound chamber under that said piece of wood, I think...The pick-ups are made and designed by Etienne Lauzon....Pick-ups with cojones is all I can say.

Cheers,

9. fazmaster

fazmaster Member

I play this guitar most of the time. Big fat sound but the "life" in the sound is what strikes me most...I can't describe it, it has to be experienced. I say this from the very bottom of my heart. Hopefully I will have a recording of it by the end of spring as I am working on a studio/live recording project with my sextet.

10. duckbunny

duckbunny Member

Thanks for the info, Faz...(He says, wiping the drool off the keyboard)
    I'd love to hear any recording of it!

-db

11. Kalalau Hiker

Kalalau Hiker Supporting Member

The Outskirts of Infinity ...aka Philly burbs.
    very nice
    congrats

do you need someone to dust it and make sure it doesn't go out of tune hanging there?

Kato

;)

12. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

So isthe one w/ the tunamatic bridge and stop tailpeice less acoustic than the others?

13. fazmaster

fazmaster Member

...but the acoustic properties of the sound chambers over and under the center beam come together with the electric components to produce a warmer sounding instrument than a classic thinline (335) or solid body guitar IMO. It definitely is much louder acoustically than the any 335 type guitar but not as much as the other fully acoustic MBs nor is it meant to be. I say "fully acoustic" because they have totally empty cavities and are built with traditional archtop woods (fully carved solid maple and spruce).

Either way, Mario builds many variations of this guitar. It's a very versatile design.

Cheers,