• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Gravity picks - I am hooked!

crambone

I have been a Dunlop user for years (yellow & green Tortex for electric, .73mm Nylon for acoustic) but I received a red Gravity pick when I bought a JHS Red Remote a year ago. I kept it in my picks tin (Altoids, booyah) and didn't use it until recently. Man, I really like the feel of this thing!

I ordered 2 more from Amazon Prime.

panther_king

Yeah, I got the same one when JHS sent me the entire packaging when I bought a Double Barrel from GC that was unboxed.

I'd already been using 1.5mm picks as my go-to size for electric, but the unpolished edge of the one they ship with JHS stuff has a different kind of sound to it than any of my other picks, for sure.

If I were to buy some more, I would probably look into a standard sized 1.5mm Razer, though I don't know if I'd prefer the polished or unpolished edge - why not both? Plus, they are neon green at that size, so WAY easy to see.

Fret-O'File

Silver Supporting Member
I've been using the Gravity Gold Razer 2.5mm picks for a couple of years.
They are expensive ($29) but they last a long time as long as you don't lose it.
I usually wait until I get an email with a 20% discount code to order.

crambone

Yeah, I got the same one when JHS sent me the entire packaging when I bought a Double Barrel from GC that was unboxed.

I'd already been using 1.5mm picks as my go-to size for electric, but the unpolished edge of the one they ship with JHS stuff has a different kind of sound to it than any of my other picks, for sure.

If I were to buy some more, I would probably look into a standard sized 1.5mm Razer, though I don't know if I'd prefer the polished or unpolished edge - why not both? Plus, they are neon green at that size, so WAY easy to see.
1.55mm Razer's are the ones I bought. And agreed on the JHS red one, it's something that is totally different!

dmutter

Love the Gravity picks. I too got sucked in with the sample that came with a JHS pedal. I tried a bunch and settled on their Classic Standard 1.1mm picks, partially because they can be ordered through Sweetwater in a 3 pack for about $10. As much as I liked some of the others, I wanted availability and affordability too. The cool thing with these is they have raised letters on both sides of the pick for grip.

StratPaul

I have a couple of Classic shaped Big Mini's (1.5mm) that I like. I really like the size of the Big Mini and think its a cool option. Not too big, not too small.

I also have a V-Pick Tradition Lite that I enjoy using as well. I like the beveled edge of the V Pick.

Don't know if I objectively like one better than the other. Both have their advantages. Right now I'm into the V-Pick because its slightly brighter and I like trying to find thick picks that have a bit of brightness to them for the sake of balance because of the simple fact that thicker guitar picks are inherently dark sounding.

StratPaul

I have a couple of Classic shaped Big Mini's (1.5mm) that I like. I really like the size of the Big Mini and think its a cool option. Not too big, not too small.

I also have a V-Pick Tradition Lite that I enjoy using as well. I like the beveled edge of the V Pick.

Don't know if I objectively like one better than the other. Both have their advantages. Right now I'm into the V-Pick because its slightly brighter and I like trying to find thick picks that have a bit of brightness to them for the sake of balance because of the simple fact that thicker guitar picks are inherently dark sounding.
Just to clarify, I'm not saying its a bright pick, I just think its a tad brighter than the Gravity's. Maybe it's the beveled edge that gives it just a tiny bit more 'zing'.

big jilm

I have been using Gravity 2mm picks with the unpolished edge for electric guitar for several years now, and I just love them. I order the standard shape with one hole drilled in them. They never slip from my fingers, and they sound great. I can't play with anything thinner any more. I have a 3mm Gravity as well, and I like it too - but the 2mm is my favorite. Great picks!

Trending Topics