Great customer service from Tom Anderson

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by jhumber, Sep 1, 2011.

1. jhumber

jhumber Member

I was recently lucky enough to aquire a killer TA Cobra from a forumite here (thanks Case!), which is ticking all my boxes. The only thing I wanted to swap out was the existing split-shaft tuners for some locking ones. I emailed TA using the address of their website (which states "We receive large volumes of email each day however so response times may not always be immediate") to ask about what drilling might be required etc.

Within an hour I'd exchanged 5 emailed with Tom himself, who'd suggested which ones to go for (Gotoh locking, as they require no mods), and has put a set in the post to me first thing this morning. The price also seems very low, given that it includes shipping to the UK.

I'd always heard good things about TA, but it's still nice when you experience it first hand - especially when he's dealing with a guitar not on it's first owner. Kudos, sir.

2. boggydepot

boggydepot Member

I own 5 TAG Drop Tops. 4 were purchased from Mesa Hollywood and then I had a custom build done through them. Tom was there every step of the way for the build and jumped me up in line. Stand up guy and is always available to his customers.

Steve

3. DC1

DC1 Member

Tom's a prince.

dc

4. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

I have an Anderson I bought new (Crowdster Plus 2) and one that I got used (Hollow Cobra) and Tom has been an absolute prince to deal with with any questions or issues about either. He's the tops! There are other guys who are great, too, but Tom is, indeed, a master of customer service.

btw, join the Anderson forum. It's fun!

5. pluto

pluto Member

Indeed, Tom is one of the best!

6. mslugano

mslugano Supporting Member

Yea, Tom is a true gentleman. He took very good care of me and a couple TAGs I bought second hand. TAGs Tom's customer service is top notch.

7. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

Plus, he has new and innovative designs - the "new" (several years ago) neck joint is a really cool idea in both concept and execution.

Go Tom, great job, Dana O.