• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Great eBay Experience...with Tomo Fujita!

snarkle

Silver Supporting Member
There have been so many eBay horror stories on the board of late that I just want to share a good one—with a Gear Page connection.

A few weeks ago I decided to purge the pedal collection, and put a few things up on eBay, including an old Ibanez TS10 Tube Screamer. When the winning bidder identified himself as Tomo Fujita, I asked him if he was Tomo from the Gear Page—and since he was, I gave him free shipping.

No big deal...I'd do the same for any of you. But I do appreciate Tomo's contribution to the site.

Anyway, he asked for my address so he could send me something, and I thought "Coo! Maybe he'll send me a copy of Right Place, Right Time."

Well, he did...along with enough photocopied guitar lessons to last the rest of my life (my sight-reading's lousy), five more CDs, two DVDs, and one of his signature picks.

Thanks, man!

I'm listening to Right Place, Right Time as I type this, and would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys tasteful, energetic fusion with a strong blues and funk flavour...Tomo would fit right in with Jeff Beck, Larry Carlton, and Robben Ford.

And if you're ever thinking of doing an eBay or Emporium deal with Mr. Fujita, take it from me: he's the best!

Last edited:

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Tomo's one of the good ones.

shark_bite

He's one of the (many many) people who make TGP a wonderful place for me to waste away my day while I'm pretending to look busy.

Tomo

There have been so many eBay horror stories on the board of late that I just want to share a good one—with a Gear Page connection.

A few weeks ago I decided to purge the pedal collection, and put a few things up on eBay, including an old Ibanez TS10 Tube Screamer. When the winning bidder identified himself as Tomo Fujita, I asked him if he was Tomo from the Gear Page—and since he was, I gave him free shipping.

No big deal...I'd do the same for any of you. But I do appreciate Tomo's contribution to the site.

Anyway, he asked for my address so he could send me something, and I thought "Coo! Maybe he'll send me a copy of Right Place, Right Time."

Well, he did...along with enough photocopied guitar lessons to last the rest of my life (my sight-reading's lousy), five more CDs, two DVDs, and one of his signature picks.

Thanks, man!

I'm listening to Right Place, Right Time as I type this, and would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys tasteful, energetic fusion with a strong blues and funk flavour...Tomo would fit right in with Jeff Beck, Larry Carlton, and Robben Ford.

And if you're ever thinking of doing an eBay or Emporium deal with Mr. Fujita, take it from me: he's the best!
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind of words. As much as I enjoy playing guitar... I just want people to enjoy playing guitar more... I thought you would enjoy ... If I am rich... I will send my TGP Hot Set for everyone.

Once I sent my cds to any address I find at Vintage Guitar Magazine.

Thanks for your TS-10! I love love it!

Tomo

LavaMan

Tomo is a class act and monster player - I have several of his CD's that he sent me and they are just great...even if they do make me want to smash all my guitars into little pieces... (joke.... :D)

57special

Silver Supporting Member
Met Tomo in Chicago. Two things i learned;
- to relax the hand.
- nice guy, and a family man. Very easy to relate to, with a good sense of humour.

Great guitarist. Not one of those "look at me" blazing lead guys (though he can do that), but he's one of those people who does all the "other stuff". Wonderful rhythm.

Texas_Blues

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind of words. As much as I enjoy playing guitar... I just want people to enjoy playing guitar more... I thought you would enjoy ... If I am rich... I will send my TGP Hot Set for everyone.

Once I sent my cds to any address I find at Vintage Guitar Magazine.

Thanks for your TS-10! I love love it!

Tomo
Awesome can't wait for you to hit the jackpot ;)

Thanks for all your funkiness.

zzzezums

Gold Supporting Member
wow - that's just great. What a classy guy!!! And great player and wonderful teacher...

JS335

Tomo is the greatest. I'm studying with him. I've got a lesson this morning at 11am and I can't wait. I always tape the lessons. It's always great spending time with Tomo but the thing I find amaing is, when I listen back to the lesson. Tomo deals in simple but profound concepts. I usually don't get it until I listen back to the lesson.

Someone gave a good example earlier. "Relax your hand." Most of us think, "ok I'll relax my hand". When I listen back, I begin to get it. Oh (light bulb goes on), R-E-L-A-X Y-O-U-R H-A-N-D. And I really begin to see improvement in my playing.

He's a great player, a great teacher, and the nicest guy you'll ever find.

Trending Topics