Great experience with Scott @ South Valley Vintage Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lv, Feb 9, 2008.

1. lv

lv Supporting Member

I recently did a custom tone tubby cab through Scott at South Valley Vintage Amps and was extremely happy with the service and price. Multiple emails, all returned promptly, and Scott went out of his way to get me something a number of other companies weren't able to do. Plus, the price was very good on a tubby cab (this is my 3rd tubby cab). Highly recommended.

http://www.svvintageamps.com/

2. tats_dragon

tats_dragon Member

I've had the pleasure of meeting Scott and his twenty 2x12" cabs, all with different speakers!
    You walk in with your rig and he hands you an A/B box. It is the only way to audition speakers.
    Ended up getting an alnico Tone Tubby.

Great guy and great prices.

Jun

3. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

Yep, same here! He bent over backwards getting me info and ordering up a custom TT cab for me as well.

4. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I've been dealing with Scott since he started up his business. Being able to try out speakers is such a convenient service. I'm just lucky that he is local for me.
    I've still sold speakers I bought from Scott that didn't work out with my amp, but at least you get a chance to hear them before you buy. Otherwise, it's all marketing verbage and specs on a page that you have to base your decision on.
    I just bought a 2x12 Tone Tubby cabinet with G12H and G12M in it last month for my new Greer.
    Great speaker/amp dealer and tech that will answer ALL of your questions and really try to help you get what you want.:AOK

5. Sherman

Sherman Member

Scott is good people and he worked with Ken of Ken's Cabs at one time. I ordered a TT cab from Ken and he highly recommeded SVVA to me when I was looking for speakers.

6. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

+ another 1. Big fan of Scott and Ken, for that matter.