Great guitar rock albums since 2000

What’s up with that Salvador Dali Les Paul?!
The Dali is a special one indeed. Strange things can happen to a man who is locked in his house for too long...
ugluk.jpg

Hey, Guys! I’m a pretty big grunge & Alternative 90’s rock guy. I graduated high school in ‘96. I struggle to find newer music that I’m really into. What rock albums of the last twenty years or so should I check out? I appreciate the suggestions! Thanks.
I grew up in the 70's and early 80's , so I'm a pure metal head from that time. Never been big into the grunge scene , the only band I really liked was AIC , because they were the closest to sounding like metal. But there's a couple current rock bands I like from the past few years , the 2 that come to mind are Rival Sons and Greta Van Fleet. Rival reminds me of classic hard rock from the 70's , pure hard rock. Greta definitely has a heavy Zeppelin influence. As far as metal goes , there's only a handful I like from the past 20 years. I'm not a big fan on the direction it's going , most of it sounds the same to me! But I'm sure people will disagree with me , but that's just my opinion!

- The Winery Dogs
- Big Wreck
- Nothing More
- Blacktop Mojo
- Sons of Texas (a shame they split...)
- Alter Bridge
- Crobot
- Farmikos
- Kill Devil Hill

.... just a few that come to mind. Cheers

Last edited:
"Get Born" by Jet

Baroness kicks a-s too:

Both of these are great picks. Baroness especially is going in a cool direction splitting the difference between hard rock and metal with some cool atmospheric touches. I’ll add:
Dead Sara - self titled
The Pretty Reckless - Going to Hell

I’ll also second Queens of the Stoneage Songs for The Deaf. Killer album with Dave Grohl on drums! They were around in the 90s though so you probably know this one already lol

Some of my favorites not already listed....
Armor for sleep
Badflower
Badlands
Bob Mould
Bullet for my Valentine
Gov't Mule
King's X (mostly 1990s)
Rise Against
Saosin
Taproot
Thousand Foot Crutch

A few years ago there was this band from Sweden, in which Ryan Roxie played guitar for the first 2 albums, Casablanca.
They never got anywhere, and dissapeared without the world noticing, but man, those 3 albums they released were just incredibly good.
Apocalyptic Youth, Riding a Black Swann and Miskatonic Graffitty. Worth a listen for anyone. And if you like hard rock with class and style, they are a must.

Hey, Guys! I’m a pretty big grunge & Alternative 90’s rock guy. I graduated high school in ‘96. I struggle to find newer music that I’m really into. What rock albums of the last twenty years or so should I check out? I appreciate the suggestions! Thanks.
Just skip it man. All the good stuff was made prior to 1992.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom