• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Great guitar stores in Boston?

rh

Robo Sapien NoiseMaker
Double Platinum Member
Within city limits / Cambridge preferred.

Jason UP

Silver Supporting Member
My daughter goes to Harvard and basically all i found was Guitar Stop up Mass Ave. It's about a 20 min walk...we hit it on the way to get udon noodles up there at Yume Ga Akurara...I'm a sucker for udon...anyways, yeah it's a so-so shop, some starter guitars up to some decent Fender american strats and P-basses, etc.

Music Emporium is pretty much the Boston guitar store, best I can tell. Way up Mass Ave into Lexington. That and Guitar Center.

Last edited:

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on Music Emporium in Lexington, but only if you have deep pockets. Mr Music in Allston is also worth a visit. Their inventory can be hit or miss, but they tend to always have some cool stuff in there.

TelePlayr

My daughter goes to Harvard and basically all i found was Guitar Stop up Mass Ave. It's about a 20 min walk...we hit it on the way to get udon noodles up there at Yume Ga Akurara...I'm a sucker for udon...anyways, yeah it's a so-so shop, some starter guitars up to some decent Fender american strats and P-basses, etc.

Music Emporium is pretty much the Boston guitar store, best I can tell. Way up Mass Ave into Lexington. That and Guitar Center.

TelePlayr

Check out Mr. Guitar in the Allston neighborhood (Uber, or subway. Parking can be a hassle when the colleges are in session.) Mr. Guitar has a decent selection of guitars, and a few amps. Some higher end acoustics. I've done business with them and bought a couple of excellent guitars from them (my ES339 and my SG). If you're looking for starter gear, try Guitar Stop or Guitar Center. The Guitar Center behind Fenway usually has some higher end guitars in their used section, but I haven't been in there since COVID, so I don't know what their inventory looks like now. They'll have plenty of starter level gear, though. Music Emporium is excellent, and I've bought a couple of guitars from them. Don't expect to walk out of the Emporium with any thing for less than 1.5K to 2.5K. Excellent quality stuff though, and they carry brands that nobody else does.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom