Great jam form the Allman Brothers Band most of us don't know

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
For a few years in the 90's the ABB lineup included Dickey Betts and Jack Pearson on guitar. Here's a great recording from those years that holds its own with Allman Brother jams from any era with any personnel, IMO. From 3:00 to 13:00 is just killer.

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
'97 and '98. Pearson and Oteil joined at the same time, when Warren Haynes and Allen Woody left. Derek Trucks replaced Pearson in '99.

I saw them a couple times back then, and Pearson was ridiculously good.

Holliman

Triad Abuser
I remember seeing Jack with the ABB for the first time on PBS. He had a pair of overalls on and a Kangol type hat. He was playing a Strat. He had this Super Mario vibe going on. My first impression was like, who is this guy? Then I heard him take a slide solo. After that, all was well with my impressions. I was 18 years old. Thank God I don't judge guitarists by how they dress anymore.

Average Joe

That was great. Pearson is a monster of course, but Betts held his own.

This being TGP and all: Anyone know what the rail pickup in Betts' strat was?

aiq

Silver Supporting Member
A rumor is going around the ABB site about a reunion tour next summer if GA is healthy enough.

Pearson among those mentioned as Haynes and Trucks have already said they are not involved.

Jack is amazing, attended a clinic earlier this year...mostly demo and questions. Nice afternoon.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
A rumor is going around the ABB site about a reunion tour next summer if GA is healthy enough.

Pearson among those mentioned as Haynes and Trucks have already said they are not involved.

Jack is amazing, attended a clinic earlier this year...mostly demo and questions. Nice afternoon.

With Dickey?

DRS

Silver Supporting Member
Wouldn't it be nice if Dickey sobered up and buried the hatchet with Gregg and Butch and the band went on tour with Gregg, Dickey, Butch, Jaimo, Otiel, and Jack Pearson. Maybe they'd come to Vancouver again?:)

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
Wouldn't it be nice if Dickey sobered up and buried the hatchet with Gregg and Butch and the band went on tour with Gregg, Dickey, Butch, Jaimo, Otiel, and Jack Pearson. Maybe they'd come to Vancouver again?:)
I think Gregg and Dickey are cool. Not sure about Butch, though. That was the first lineup I saw (+Marc Quinones, of course). I could get behind that.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member

I would be extremely happy with Gregg just making it to the end of 2016 at this point.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom