1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Great Jazz/Blues Comping Video Lessons

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by 57gold, Dec 18, 2009.

1. 57gold

57gold Silver Supporting Member

http://www.99centguitarlessons.com/JazzComping.html

Best $15 ever spent on lessons of any kind. Rich, the instructor-head guru at GuitarCollege.com explains changes, substitutions, inversions, chromatics...in a way that simple guys like me can even understand. Think I paid $2 each for 7 lessons that include a very thoughtful video download that played perfectly with multiple passes through changes with explanations and slow tempo versions. Also includes tab of each lesson.

Fantastic stuff. I'm going back for second helpings!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

I love Rich's stuff, but it bugs the heck out of me that he calls that stuff "$.99 cent lessons". I have several, and none of them were close to $.99.

3. JimmyD

JimmyD Member

Rich has some excellent instructional material out there for the "jazzer". I've been singing his praises on TGP for awhile. Don't want to sound like a shill, but Rich is a very good teacher.

As a matter of fact I downloaded his newest addition this morning. Rhythm changes is the lesson.

Do not forget to look at his Guitar College website as well. This is his primary instruction site. His jazz courses are very good and there is a TON of material that you get for your money. Great for those who choose to go it alone and excellent supplemental material for those blessed with a good guitar teacher/mentor.

http://guitarcollege.com/

Jim

4. 57gold

57gold Silver Supporting Member

Had one on one lessons, DVD jazz stuff from Truefire...his $2 lessons are totally understandable to guys who don't read....like me.

5. JimmyD

JimmyD Member

Re Truefire, the Mimi Fox stuff is great. I have seen the first two, haven't seen the most recent course. Tons of stuff to study, fixate on, absorb!

Jim