Great playing guitar w/headstock repair

jamdogg

Any yall got one? Might be picking up a LP with a headstock/neck repair. I have a mij strat with a repaired headstock and its a killer player.

Donovan

Sure,they can be great guitars.It's just their resale value that suffers.How much do they want for it? In general a headstock repair can take $500 off the value of a standard LP.

analogsystem

my #1 all-application guitar has a headstock repair. I am the one who broke it too!
Still sounds and plays great. Battle scar

supa-fuzz

I have many vintage Gibbys with cracked heads, doesn't bother me at all, the nature of the beast.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
A '66 ES-335. I could not have afforded it, had it not been for the headstock repair. It's one fine guitar, in playability and sound.
MD

bynapkinart

This is my Hamer, play it out almost every week, hasn't let me down. Headstock was repaired 15+ years ago...I'd say it's pretty solid. Almost feels stronger than a non-repaired headstock. Of course, good hide glue and solid contact is always stronger than wood.

And the repair...

jp1977

It would have to be and excellently done repair and at a steal of a price on a really nice playing guitar for me to purchase a lp with a headstock repair.

corpraider69

Any yall got one? Might be picking up a LP with a headstock/neck repair. I have a mij strat with a repaired headstock and its a killer player.
Uhmm It depends on what you are buying it for I guess,If you just want a great player as long as the repair is well done than go for it. But if you are hanging it up on the wall or thinking of it as an investment guitar you would plan to sell then you would probably be better off going the non repaired and better shape Les Paul cause you should get your money back when you sell it hopefully,you never know???

Razz11

My 02 LP has a headstock repair. It actually sounds better and feels more resonant now that it did before the break FWIW.

dughaze

This is a great thread. My Edwards LP is my favorite guitar and even though I play a lot, gig frequently, and jam quite a bit, I freak out when I bump it on the mic stand. I have bent tuners and chipped finishes but never broke a headstock. I would repair it in a heartbeat and probably quit worrying about it after it happened.

Life wouldn't be over if it did snap then...that's cool.

More importantly, I need to quit freaking out and worrying about everything.:omg

I gig all of my guitars. A headstock break wouldn't stop me from buying a guitar if it played and sounded great. I usually don't sell anything anyway. I paid nearly 2k for my LP Traditional Pro. Found an identical one in Orlando about six months later listed at 1200. Took a while to realize it had a headstock repair. Looked and sounded great, wish I would have found it sooner.

Trending Topics