Great Rock Bands that should have had more commercial success ?

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
I saw them a couple of times. They did a clinic/masterclass at Reliable Music that was a ton of fun (I was working as house guitarist and bandleader at Carowinds at the time), and I also got to see them open for Stryper in Greensboro. Great guys and a really tight band.
Ah Reliable Music. I bought my Les Paul there in 1979. Cheers!

LTE

I always thought these guys deserved more recognition than they got. They just came on the scene at the wrong time.

Hadn't thought of these guys in forever. Though the guitarist Loren Molinare was my Line 6 rep for awhile, then moved over to ESP when I left the music store.

As for other bands, King's X, Cheap Trick and Great White.

drlucky

Another great band that coulda, shoulda. Probably too smart-aleck for their own good, but witty lyrics and great pop hooks.

Keneye

Bands: Little Feat for sure. The Band (can't tell you how many times, when asked about my favorites and I said The Band, I heard the reply, "What band?"), The Blasters (and Dave Alvin), Camper Van Beethoven, Cracker, Crowded House, Drive by Truckers, Jayhawks, Old 97s, The Replacements, Son Volt, and my hometown faves Ass Ponys, Wussy, and Wheels.

If you want to expand that to include other genres, as well as solo artists/bandleaders, and singers: Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Hornsby, Ry Cooder, Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks, Danny Gatton, Roy Buchanan, Fontella Bass, Doris Troy, Jason Isbell, Jim Boggia, John Hiatt, Liz Phair, Nadine, Steve Earle, Paul Westerberg, Richard Thompson, Soulive, Flying Burrito Brothers, the Meters, the Youngbloods and Jesse Colin Young, Tom Waits.

Trending Topics