Great site for Mullard and Telefunken`s cheap

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by 59model, Nov 18, 2004.

1. 59model

59model Member

Found this guy on line and bought from him a couple times. I just bought his last 3 long plate Mullard ECC83`s for $35 a piece, but he said he has a huge stash of short plates for $30. I think the Tele smooth plates are about the same price. He tests everything and is an easy guy to deal with. Just a heads up for those who don`t like the Ebay game. His site is: www.commonsenseaudio.com
    I know there are quite a few of you out there who would like to try the old stuff, and this is the 1st guy I found to sell at an affordable price.

2. Just1more

Just1more Member

Hey Pete. Thanks for the link. Most of the reputable tube sellers don't have any of those in stock. Good to see you back on the forum.
    Dan

3. 59model

59model Member

Hey thanks Dan, good to hear from you as well. I told the guy I put up a post about him here and that I hoped he had a good supplier for those Tele`s. He said he has over a hundred in stock, and at $30 for a ribbed plate and $35 for a smoothie, I must have bought about 15 of them in the past and they all worked perfectly. For some reason he doesn`t list the Mullards, but they`re $30 each, which I think is a good deal since GT wants almost that much for their copy. Take care buddy!

4. TheAmpNerd

TheAmpNerd Member

Hmmm,

One of the other groups had a discussion of this guy and how people were sending him money and didn't get anything in return. eBay included.

Perhaps you are one of the lucky ones.

Anyone else who is dealing with this guy please post something to see if he is legit or not.

5. 59model

59model Member

Verry funny, I would NEVER post here on a RIP artist, on the contrary, I have been repramanded on many sites for some raw dealings I`ve had. Before you question the guy`s honesty, why don`t you call him or deal with him, or show where you heard this, then post your replies with some webpage links to back it up. If you think I am full of SHI#, then check out my feedback under classic-rock at ebay. You have very limited posts, and I HATE to be rude, but unless you got ripped yourself, what is the purpose of your post besides some unidentified BS you heard. All the tubes I got from him were top notch with a 10 day guarantee to boot. I live in NH which is quite a distance from him, so have no reason to give him praise except for the great tubes I`ve got from him. PLEASE post the complaints you mentioned, I`d love to hear them, as I was just trying to give the members here a chance to pick up some old tubes at a more than reasonable price that are GUARANTEED. Try getting that on Ebay, unless you are another NOS seller that doesn`t like the competition. I would NEVER put up a post on someone I didn`t trust. That`s a fact, check out my FS post on my Marshall Studio where I refuse to sell to dealers. Kindly respond to who you know that got ripped, and I will ask him when he gets back from Thanksgiving vacation, and post his reply here. BTW, I`ve sold a few amps with his tubes and everyone raves about the tone, and I CAN POST them. Sorry to be so rude, but I believe your info is incorrect. Pete

:eek:

6. TheAmpNerd

TheAmpNerd Member

<snip> Not being funny, sorry.
    <snip>

It isn't worth my time.

Moderator edit - AmpNerd - Yes, it iS worth your time if you are going to come to someone's thread with unsubstantiated allegations. If you have specific links we'll all check them out. The psuedo links you posted didn't get me anywhere after 10 minutes of trying. If you are going to talk the talk you have to walk the walk, not just walk away. What you have written doesn't amount to a first hand or even verifiable account.

Buyer beware is a fundamental consideration these days no matter where you do business.

Thanks,
    Dave

7. Just1more

Just1more Member

I placed an order, pre-paid, & the tubes were shipped the same day.
    Arrived two days later, & they were just as described.
    My experience couldn't have been better. Easy guy to deal with,
    good product, great service.
    Thanks again for the link, Pete.

8. 59model

59model Member

That`s great Dan, glad you had great results like I had. Sorry I bought his last 3 Mullard long plates before I posted....hehehe. Did you get any of his Tele smoothies for $35? I just put a couple in my Naylor and they sound incredable. Sorry I waited until I got his last Mullard long plates before I posted......not.........hehehe

:D

9. TheAmpNerd

TheAmpNerd Member

<snip>

Hey is that better?

That was kinda long winded.

10. 59model

59model Member

59model here, I don`t appreaciate your comments as I didn`t do any panty twisting on this one. The reason I got defensive is because I would only post here on someone who was trustworthy, and I have done business with a few times, and know of others who have gotten the same quality service as I`ve had. Basically, I don`t want to be known as someone who would advocate doing business with someone who is less than reputable. You`ve heard my testimony as well as another member, yet want to get paid for your service of finding the negative links to this guy. I believe in sharing information 1st hand and helping others by giving 1st hand accounts or at least a link to some before I post, and I don`t ask for anything in return as I`ve learned quite a bit here from others, and would like to give back my fair share. That`s all, and it wasn`t personal, it was just after dealing and hearing about this guy (all positive), I wanted to see some negative opinions 1st hand, the same way I and others have done. No big deal, and my temper won`t flare. BTW, if you want to get personal, kindly take it off the site and email me direct. I only asked for proof, and won`t resort to name calling as you have. I`m very stable, and would encourage you to contact me before posting like this again.

:confused:

11. Just1more

Just1more Member

Pete, I got three of the short plate Mullard 12ax7's, & a matched quad
    of GE EL34's (that are Mullard). They work great, thanks again for
    the info.
    AmpNerd, I think you are blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

12. macula56

macula56 Silver Supporting Member

how truly comical. for a minute i thought i was on the fender forum. very entertaining exchange. i just found this forum and i was hoping it would be a good source of information about amp building and fx. stuff i really enjoy. and wouldn't you know it, the first post that caught my eye turned out to be some sort of kindergarten name calling BS. while this is still the US of A and we do have freedom of speech, remember that with FREEDOM comes RESPONSIBILITY. i hope that this type of behaviour is not the norm here as i would like to be able to exchange information with knowledgeable folks. just the humble opinion of an innocent bystander.

13. 59model

59model Member

Sorry people, I`ll delete this thread if it brings negative attention to this site. That was not my intension. Let me know if you think that should be done, and I`ll get rid of all this BS. I was just trying to show a good tube vendor.

14. jaimo

jaimo Member

Hey 59.
    Leave the thread up bro'. I'll make my own decisions on whether to buy from the cat after 2 minutes of talking with him. I don't know you, but I don't think you would go to all this effort and endure this abuse if you didn't think the your vendor was solid.

A shame that a lot of cats tune in once or twice and see honest efforts degenerate into a street fight. It happens on every board.
    Thanks mon!
    Peace.
    jai

:)

15. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

59model, you did not do anything wrong here IMHO. You were just trying to turn us on to a vendor we may not have been aware of-I think we've all discovered new vendors and products thanks to people like you sharing their experiences. That's a good thing and I am sure there are plenty of folks here that appreciate you taking the time to let us know about a positive recommendation.

On the other hand, for somebody to cast doubt on somebody's business integrity without any way to back up those allegations is irresponsible at best. To insist on being paid to provide some kind of proof is absolutely ridiculous and offensive.

Don't feel bad about his comments, 59model...ampnerd does not have much of a track record of being able to back up his statements from what I've seen.

16. michael.e

michael.e Member

Whoa! It did feel like HC for a moment there........ I hope this community can keep from being another wild west. M.E.

17. michael.e

michael.e Member

LOL! I was curious.... The guy IS from HC! :rolleyes:

18. macula56

macula56 Silver Supporting Member

don't delete the thread. you did nothing wrong. some folks just don't have a clue. and they like to demonstrate that fact. cool forum otherwise.

19. kingsxman

kingsxman Silver Supporting Member

How the heck did this thread deteriorate into this? The comment about it being like the Fender Forum is "wayyyy" out of line. This thread would have been deleted along time ago on the FDP. FDP is a Great place. THis is also a great place.

Actually, I'll defend ampnerd here a bit. His "original" post wasnt out of line at all IMHO. he was just reporting that he'd seen some info on other forums (links WOULD have been nice however) and actually asked for others to post thier experiences. No harm no foul on that one in my book. However, responses to his post adn his additional posts went on to take it over the line. but his original post was ok. I have no problem with it.

59, thanks for the original link. Its always good to hear of more sites.

20. 59model

59model Member

Hi, who`s from HC? I`ve never posted there before. And thanks for the positive comments, I appreaciate it. After getting all the tubes I needed, I just posted this guy for the members here who like old tubes. To get a Mullard or Telefunken that is tested and guaranteed for $30-35 is all I wanted to share with this group. AND, I haven`t heard any negative reviews here yet. The 1st sign of a bad deal with proof will make me take this post down after I contact the dealer. Once again, sorry if I offended anyone, and just wanted to give back my fair share after all I`ve learned here.